66 Barracuda rear bezels- tail lights

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i am looking for information on what people are doing to replace the black bezel that mounts to the car side of the 66 Barracuda and Valaint tail lights. It’s the black plastic “liner” that keeps the chrome off the paint on the inside of the tail light housing.

I did a nice job cutting the tabs to get the black bezel off the tail lights before rechrome but they are pretty shot and cracked to put back on now that the housings are so clean and shinney. I’ve been told to make one from Inter tube rubber or black sheet rubber. I’ve bought like 6 tail lights to harvest those and still all junk once removed - brittle and broke taking off. I cannot find new anywhere. I don’t believe they were a separate part number anyhow. Got any ideas worth trying on this?
Thanks-
Joe

Did you try Laysons? I believe they have them!
Last time I spoke to Rick- they do not.
They got them for 64-65 but not 66’
Not a huge item to sell OR too much tooling cost. But thank you.

Try AMS AMS Obsolete Home Page
I believe they bought out "Mitchell's" NOS inventory. Its the largest NOS inventory that I know of in the MOPAR world....GLWS

i am looking for information on what people are doing to replace the black bezel that mounts to the car side of the 66 Barracuda and Valaint tail lights. It’s the black plastic “liner” that keeps the chrome off the paint on the inside of the tail light housing.

I did a nice job cutting the tabs to get the black bezel off the tail lights before rechrome but they are pretty shot and cracked to put back on now that the housings are so clean and shinney. I’ve been told to make one from Inter tube rubber or black sheet rubber. I’ve bought like 6 tail lights to harvest those and still all junk once removed - brittle and broke taking off. I cannot find new anywhere. I don’t believe they were a separate part number anyhow. Got any ideas worth trying on this?
Thanks-
Joe
Are any of these gaskets what you're trying to find?

Mopar A Body 66 Barracuda Taillight Gaskets

He's looking for the inside hard rubber plastic piece that adheres to the "form and molds" to the bezel on to the body. Those are foam gaskets that are for the lenses

Dave at Layson’s told me there is a solid black rubber type sheet I can by from hobby shops that will work Untill Layson’s repops them. When? No idea. The model train guys love it for a layer under the tracks. Looks like closed cell too so no water gets in.

-
Back