66 barracuda trunk

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are sure those are supposed to be covered? I never saw one that had the holes to the trunk lid letters covered. I know mine has the covers for the rear window trim access holes.

The pieces I have on my cars look like a thin piece of masonite. Sorry I do not have a whole one or pieces to sell.

my 65 has rubber covers over them , but no extras sorry.

OK all, kind of an old thread, but here's a pic of the piece in question, and the fasteners that hold it on. It is 32" long and is held on by 4 push buttons with crowned heads. Also included is a pic of the underside of my 66 trunk, but as you can see there are no holes to mount this on mine. The piece came from a 65 trunk so I would like to see a pic of the underside of your 66 trunk Jack, to see how it differs from mine!! Please!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4439.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_4440.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_4441.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_4442.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_4443.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 125
28 years of messing with these cars and I never knew they had a cover. Had to go out and check, sure enough!

Attachments

• Mauve 001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 107
OK all, kind of an old thread, but here's a pic of the piece in question, and the fasteners that hold it on. It is 32" long and is held on by 4 push buttons with crowned heads. Also included is a pic of the underside of my 66 trunk, but as you can see there are no holes to mount this on mine. The piece came from a 65 trunk so I would like to see a pic of the underside of your 66 trunk Jack, to see how it differs from mine!! Please!! Geof
Hi Geof thanks for chiming in I now know that my truncklid has come from 65 & has been changed/adapted to work as a 66 lid.The hole has been put in it for the single support rod and the double support rod mounting brackets have been removed the only way the lid has the holes for 4 push buttons is if it was a 64-65 lid so the next question is will you sell the cover and how much? Of course it would also have to be put inside a pvc pipe to protect it what with the age of it thanks for the info Jack

Finally got one thanks Geof it will be the nice finishing touch for the trunk area now if only I can find a correct rim & tire for my spare tub anyone know were to get one thats correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now, lookie there!! SCORE!!! Geof

Just a note, my picture above is a 66 Barracuda, but it is a very early model that still had the Valiant emblems front and rear. I had never notice this piece on any of the other 66's I had or the holes for that matter.

Attachments

• 1966 Mauve Formula S 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back