66 Cuda vacuum line diagram

-

Kerry123

Reaction score
IMG-0725.JPG
I need a vacuum line diagram for my 66 Cuda. It is a 273 2bbl with California cleaner air package. I want to get rid of that vacuum advance valve if possible. It is the small unit to the left of the carb. Kerry

I have the same clean air package on my 66 Barracuda. I removed most of it but the car uses what feels to me a lot of gas. I googled 2 barrel 273 engine bay pictures to hook up my vacuum lines and that might be part of the problem. I rebuilt my carb but the rebuild kit really only had 5 or 6 pieces that could be changed out. I am now thinking of just replacing the whole carb with a none clean air package as they are not very expensive and the rebuild didnt really do anything.I can take pictures of my vacuum lines if you think that would help. Ivan

It is simple, run the vacuum line from the carb (same port) to the distributor, cap off the manifold where the third hose from the valve goes.

Alan

It is simple, run the vacuum line from the carb (same port) to the distributor, cap off the manifold where the third hose from the valve goes.

Alan
That's what I tried, the car started and idled but when I put it in gear it went womp womp womp and would not drive.

I have not reset specs without the valve. Thanks for the link to the article, it explained a lot. I'll get some fresh vacuum line and give it a go. You have been a great help. Kerry

-
Back