66 dart neutral swith location

-

RUDZOG66GT

Reaction score
Hi folks, where is the neutral safety switch on a 66 dart w/console shift? I have a single wire from the starter relay not connected to anything and the wiring diagram shows this wire to go to the switch- if i ground out this wire the car will start with the key, otherwise it won't. thanks

Mine's a column shift and I'm pretty sure it's a plug-in from the steering column to the main wiring harness. If you have the floor shift, I would think it should be underneath your console, or at the shifter mechanism where it comes through the floor, somewhere near where the shift rod mechanism is located. I believe some of the guys with older A Bodies and floor shifters will chime in and help you out. Good luck.

Just looked at the 65 Valiant, looks like the nutral saftey switch is in the trans, The wire going down from the starter relay is brown. I know the trans has been changed, so I'm not %100 sure wiring is original.
Hope this helps.

Wow I have learned a thing or thee here . :thumblef:
I thought they where all at the tranny :drinkers:

Mike, the neutral safety switch itself is actually located in the tranny on all models. I misread the original post and got lost with the wire, which is located as listed. Clear as mud now? :)

I ve got a cup of mud infront of me know.Im glad you are all cleared up.
I understand it know.Thank's :coffee2:

-
Back