66 Dart Owners thread

-
Anybody selling any tail light bezels ( 1966 ) not crack and very little to no pitting? Also anyone know if 1959 was the one and only year for the 350 big block. Was it a wedge or poly engine?

Come a long way over the last year. Going to the window/top guy tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who has helped, or posted pictures. They are truly worth 1000 words.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 528
Anybody selling any tail light bezels ( 1966 ) not crack and very little to no pitting? Also anyone know if 1959 was the one and only year for the 350 big block. Was it a wedge or poly engine?
As far as I know, 1958 was the only year for a 350. It's a wedge motor like the 361 and 383. Good luck on finding pit-free or low pit taillight bezels!

Saw some on eBay recently. They seemed to be in pretty good shape at a pretty good price.
Good luck

We'll keep our eyes open for some good tail lights for you. Like Cudamark said, good ones are hard to come by. I have seen NOS ones on e bay go for $400/each. tmm

We'll keep our eyes open for some good tail lights for you. Like Cudamark said, good ones are hard to come by. I have seen NOS ones on e bay go for $400/each. tmm

I have never tried it, When I bought this 66, the taillights looked great. The guy I got it from said he used "muggy weld"??? Almost like solder I guess. Sent them out for re chrome and they were great.
Just another option I guess.
Jim

Here are a couple of pics of mine.

Attachments

• SAM_0283.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 494
  • SAM_0290.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 498
  • SAM_0288.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 449
  • SAM_0287.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 468
  • SAM_0286.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 505
I have never tried it, When I bought this 66, the taillights looked great. The guy I got it from said he used "muggy weld"??? Almost like solder I guess. Sent them out for re chrome and they were great.
Just another option I guess.
Jim

Pot metal can be sanded, polished, and clear coated. You need a lot of thickness if you have a lot of pitts though. That is where the "Muggy Weld" comes in. To fill the pits so they can be chromed. I need to check on the Muggy Weld product. tmm

Looks like fun! Tell us more.......I see slicks,cage and stickers.

lts a roller. It had a big block in it, no inner fenderwells, has spool mounts welded to K, mini tubbed, SS springs under rails, frame connectors, A body rear with 4.10s spool or posi ? , aftermarket axles- Yukon ?. 28x14.5 hoosier quick time pros, 15x10 with 7.5bs, inside gutted. Going to put interior back in (parts car) buckets, console, dash, new seat covers, rug, headliner, door panels. Make a street car out of it. Big Hemi with either an 8-71 or efi hilborn, have both, not sure yet. The best part is its rust free, rock solid. I found plugged holes in the doors, door jams, rockers, that say Z BAR ???? rust preventer ???? Oh, the paint is pretty nice but I think its getting painted, maybe a 60s-70s job, or maybe black, or anything but PINK ! I got abused at work for a week after showing a pic to a buddy.
:burnout:

Hey all..... Got my motor and trans in the car and found a small (huge) problem. The hood doesn't fit :-(

I put a 318 with the TF727 Trans, Holley Carb and Mopar Performance Air Cleaner (the black one with the brushed stripes). Seems to be about an inch or so to high.

Anyone know of a way out? maybe an aftermarket cowl hood. I really don't want to cut this one and weld in a cowl if I can avoid it.

66 Dart

Hey all..... Got my motor and trans in the car and found a small (huge) problem. The hood doesn't fit :-(

I put a 318 with the TF727 Trans, Holley Carb and Mopar Performance Air Cleaner (the black one with the brushed stripes). Seems to be about an inch or so to high.

Anyone know of a way out? maybe an aftermarket cowl hood. I really don't want to cut this one and weld in a cowl if I can avoid it.

66 Dart

you might want to look and see if a dropped base for the air cleaner will give you the clearance you need. I had a similar air cleaner lid on my 273/4bbl and had to find a dropped base for it too.

Yep. Air cleaner base or a different cleaner is what you need. I don't like cowl induction hoods on Mopar's.

Any one know of a good alternative the the original rocker moulding clips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 380
66Dvert
66D-vert

Feedback Score: 1 reviews, 100%

66Dvert

66Dvert's Flag is: United States

View Photos By: 66Dvert

try here
I'd try justclippsauto.com (Double P there) they have a large selection of clips. I found almost all mine here for my 66 dart GT. excluding the elusive lower rocker molding clips.

toolmanmike, are the rear lens bezels potmetal? Im going to need to do some work on mine as well as rework the headlight bezels to straighten them and also the front grill. Whats the best method for these? does the anodizing need to be removed before starting to straighten them? Maybe this should be asked in another thread?
Rod

66Dvert
66D-vert

Feedback Score: 1 reviews, 100%

66Dvert

66Dvert's Flag is: United States

View Photos By: 66Dvert

try here
I'd try justclippsauto.com (Double P there) they have a large selection of clips. I found almost all mine here for my 66 dart GT. excluding the elusive lower rocker molding clips.

huh whut did I do now? dang I ain't even home an can get into trouble.

I'm trying to get a guy I met at a car show in KY (while on the way to Michigan this month) to modify some of the later model clips to work with the 66 dart and 65 Plymouth satellite moldings (yeah they are the same) if he comes through I'll get a couple hundred made up and go from there. evidently there are some clips that are close and he "supposed" to be able to modify them to work on the 66 darts and 65 satellites. But he wouldnt tell me what type of clip he used !@@$!@$ it isn't the width or mountin that's the problem he said but the height to make sure it clips on good.

-
Back