66 Dart Owners thread

-
new flip gas cap,wheel spinners,radiator.

20230203_145129.jpg

20230512_172506.jpg

20230512_172537.jpg

tech question, the drag link on a 6 cyl car is flat , correct?? my 6 cyl drag link is dropped style. need to know thanks

I have a 66 Dart with manual steering. Years ago I bought a new power steering box and pump along with hoses to do a conversion. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if any of my steering links will need to be changed? I'm thinking I might tackle that as a winter project. Thanks. Rod

I know you will have to change or cut the steering wheel column shaft .i beleive the power steering shaft is shorter but you can buy a knuckle like the street rodders use
I have a 66 Dart with manual steering. Years ago I bought a new power steering box and pump along with hoses to do a conversion. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if any of my steering links will need to be changed? I'm thinking I might tackle that as a winter project. Thanks. Rod

The steering linkage is all the same, but, you will need to get the correct crank pulley, all the brackets for your particular engine, and a shorter P/S column center shaft with the P/S coupler. If your engine is a small block with stock exhaust manifolds and pressure hose, you'll need a 90 degree fitting for the top of the control valve to make it easier to attach the pressure hose.

The steering linkage is all the same, but, you will need to get the correct crank pulley, all the brackets for your particular engine, and a shorter P/S column center shaft with the P/S coupler. If your engine is a small block with stock exhaust manifolds and pressure hose, you'll need a 90 degree fitting for the top of the control valve to make it easier to attach the pressure hose.
I have a 66 Dart with standard steering with Factory A/C ,to much to change it over to power steering

I have a 360 with TTI headers and I know I'm going to have to do some fabricating with my steering column. I just wasn't sure if the pitman arm or idler arm were the same. Does anyone have alignment specs once it's changed over.
Thanks Rod

Are these 13” wheel hub caps from a 66 GT? If not what are they originally from?

IMG_7645.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

well I picked this up a couple years ago and I have moved it up on the list of projects to do so it gets a place indoor now.

20231021_102913.jpg

20231021_104815.jpg

First post of our Father-Son project car. We have TONS of questions. Thanks in advance for your patience with two guys new to Mopar. My son just turned 14 and this will be his first classic car.

image_50444801.JPG

finn car.jpg

Welcome to FABO and the world of early a body Mopars. What a great project to do with your son. There will be lots of lasting memories. It looks like a nice 66 you found. 270 2 door post car.

Welcome aboard! Tell your son to take it easy on those valve cover bolts! :lol: The valve covers warp pretty easily around the bolt holes and sometimes the captive washer will cut a hole in the metal causing a leak.

-
Back