66 DART REAR WINDOW MOLDING REMOVAL

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Im doing the body work & paint on a friends 66 dart gt. Found out that you have to take the rear window out to remove the outer stainless trim. Its held on by the inner window molding clips. What were they thinking ?

Im doing the body work & paint on a friends 66 dart gt. Found out that you have to take the rear window out to remove the outer stainless trim. Its held on by the inner window molding clips. What were they thinking ?
I believe you are right. Let's ask @65dartcharger

I'm not sure but you are right! You need to make a small tool. I made them from a paint can opener. Make an opening on one side from the open area. Gring off some material on the upper area to make a pointed arm.
Then slide it under the inner moulding and release the clips from the moulding sideways and then cut open the gasket. Can be bought from a vendor like Vans Auto or perhaps DMT.

I'm not sure but you are right! You need to make a small tool. I made them from a paint can opener. Make an opening on one side from the open area. Gring off some material on the upper area to make a pointed arm.
Then slide it under the inner moulding and release the clips from the moulding sideways and then cut open the gasket. Can be bought from a vendor like Vans Auto or perhaps DMT.
yea a friend of mine has a tool to take the moldings off that i used we then cut the window out to get to the clip screws. Wasnt planning on replacing the rear window gasket but you do what you have to. This is my first 66 dart that ive worked on. Ill post some pictures of the body work & paint. Its the MAUVE color. Its like a very light pinkish color.

-
Back