66 dart tail lights

-

Joey53

Reaction score
Really like the body style of the 66, not to crazy about the tail lights and back of car. Has anyone modified the back and used different tail lights?

The 65's should fit. Should. I don't know for sure. I always wanted to use a 65 filler panel and rear bumper. The 66 bumpers are a mismatch with the indentations in the quarter panel. The 64's and 65's fit with the form . What do you do with the back up lights though. The 65's are in the lights, the 66's are in the bumper. Take a bumper bolt out and install led's? Wonder what Chip Foose would do? LOL

Really like the body style of the 66, not to crazy about the tail lights and back of car. Has anyone modified the back and used different tail lights?
I didn't change the shape but I did make all 4 work
DSCF2766.JPG
DSCF2768.JPG

Daylight

DSCF3807.JPG

Great idea. I like it
I have some extra harnesses(had to have 10 made) made so I can do the 4 light conversion on my wifes 66 dart and some spares just in case
this is the master harness I sent them. The hardest part is feeding it down the trunk inner skin,
DSCF3549.JPG
DSCF3552.JPG

AND you don't have to use my led setup , just regular 1157''s

The 65's should fit. Should. I don't know for sure. I always wanted to use a 65 filler panel and rear bumper. The 66 bumpers are a mismatch with the indentations in the quarter panel. The 64's and 65's fit with the form .

I've thought about doing that as well and using 65 rear lights. The only problem is acquiring everything necessary to do the swap. I've always thought the 65 had a cleaner looking back end.

-
Back