66 Dart wheel size

-

DaveZee

SoCal Mopar Guy
Reaction score
Hey guys-
I'm looking to put Ansen mags on my Dart. I can only find 15x7's for 5x4" bolt pattern. Will this work on my car, or do I need to find 14" rims? What size tire can I get away with on 15" rims for my car?

Thanks!

This pic has inspired me to find Ansen's... :notworth:

66dart11.jpg

I have 15x7's on the rear of my 66 and they fit well with 235/60-15 bfg. I moved the springs in 3/4" however. I have 15x6 tork thrusts on the front and they rub the very lower front edge on the whell opening with a 205/70-15 tire, but I think a 60 series tire will cure it.

Where did you find Torqthrusts with a 4" bolt pattern? I went to the American Racing website, and Ansen's are the only model they list with a 4" bolt pattern.

I'll keep my eye on this, see if I can get em... Prolly get out bid :(

Great looking 66 convertible Dave!!!! I need to start saving for paint and body work. toolmanmike

Mike - I wish that was mine! Mine is a GT hard top... Still cool, but mine needs alot of work.

Dart 2a.JPG

Dave, It looks a lot like mine. How do I attach a photo?

When you post a reply, scroll down and look for a tab that says manage attachments. You can then attach a small jpeg.

Dave

I found an older (smaller) photo. I'll give it a try.

DaveZee said:
Yep. Too big. I think max size is like 2.0 mb

Actually the max file size is more like 40k bytes. You need to use Paint or some other picture editor to reduce the size. Usully 640x480 works.

Sorry, I should have told you that I converted the fronts to 73-76 discs with LBP and rears to LBP as well.

Hey Dave, Boy, have I been having a hard time getting a photo to load. The one I wanted was 251 mb. Way too big! I found out that I don't know much about a computer! Here I go again>

ok, last one i promise. just noticed that 66 is probably the original color of my 64. also i just posted on the newbie forum. my names Jim and i live in MO.

my64dart.jpg

Welcome Jim! I'm from Iowa. My 66 is 'Gold Poly Metallic" Its kind'a gold and a little green. That shade is popular nowdays on quite a few cars. Boy, this websight is fun but I can see that I might not get much work done on my car!
Ha! toolmanmike

DaveZee

I went to the American Racing Wheels site yesterday & they list both a 14x7 & 17x7 slotted aluminum wheel in the small bolt pattern. The backspacing is 4". I think the 14" with that backspacing will hit the upper control arm. I once had wheels with a similar backspacing & had to run spacers on front. Bad idea. The 17" with low profile tires would look good, & should eliminate the interference problem.

:burnout:

i want 17'' rims as well. i think theyll look great. not to gangsta and not so tiny like the 13" rims on my car now.

-
Back