'66 Slant 6 fan

-

cudamark

Reaction score
Does someone have an original '66 slant 6 fan they can measure? Looking at the outside diameter of a standard 4 blade one. Thanks, Mark

Does someone have an original '66 slant 6 fan they can measure? Looking at the outside diameter of a standard 4 blade one. Thanks, Mark
Yeah. I think it's 17". brb

Yeah, that's what I thought. I got a fan with some other slant 6 parts and didn't think about checking to make sure it was a 6cyl part. I got to looking at it and measuring, and it just looked too big at a hair over 18". Must be the standard V8 one. I don't suppose there's enough clearance to run this 18" fan is there?

Yeah, that's what I thought. I got a fan with some other slant 6 parts and didn't think about checking to make sure it was a 6cyl part. I got to looking at it and measuring, and it just looked too big at a hair over 18". Must be the standard V8 one. I don't suppose there's enough clearance to run this 18" fan is there?
It won't fit mine.....but I also have an aftermarket aluminum radiator with wider tanks, so that's a factor.

im running a summit flex fan, if your concern is overheating ,
a shroud is the trick, it pulls the air through the fan and not from around it.

No way I would use a flex fan. I've seen too many of them grenade and send shrapnel through the hood and radiator.

-
Back