66 Valiant, I want to put in front disk brakes, where do I start and a source for parts

-

justme

Reaction score
I want to put disk brakes on my 66 Valiant. can i keep the small bolt pattern, can i use the spindles I have now? do I have to go power brakes? Where would I buy the parts from?

I want to put disk brakes on my 66 Valiant. can i keep the small bolt pattern, can i use the spindles I have now? do I have to go power brakes? Where would I buy the parts from?

Yes you can keep SBP but that limits options

Some kits come with spindles but if you want to stay with the ones you have then that focuses your search

No you don't need to go power

There's a few threads in here on sourcing depending on your options and price point.

It's mostly personal preference and experience level on what works for you.

Good luck

I went with ABS Powerbrake for my ‘70 Dart with the small 5x4” bolt pattern.
I‘ve had nothing but problems with them…

You can always use the stock factory Kelsey Hayes setup. Get it as a complete set off a '66-72 A-body. I'd recommend the '67-72 version for a dual braking system, but the '66 single will work also. Just get it complete with all the front lines (or get new ones), spindles, valve(s), etc. They came stock in both power and manual versions. I like the manual setup personally. You can keep the small bolt pattern, but, depending one which wheels you have, they may or may not fit due to caliper clearance. 13" ones don't work for sure. The 14 X 5 1/2 work. The 14 X 4 1/2 will sometimes work with a spacer. Most aftermarket wheels will work.

Does anyone know if someone makes the early calipers in aluminum? Something that will just bolt up.

-
Back