67-68 barracuda head light buckets

-
For the record, headlight bucket is behind the bulb, headelight door or bezel is removed to replace the bulb. A hole in that aluminum could be filled but would never look right.
The special welding rods used for this are not the same aluminum so it doesn't anodize to the same finish.
There was a company called All Trim that restored these parts. After hours invested they would sometimes buff all the way through the aluminum while trying to remove a deep scratch. Then the piece was discounted for that flaw.

For the record, headlight bucket is behind the bulb, headelight door or bezel is removed to replace the bulb. A hole in that aluminum could be filled but would never look right.
The special welding rods used for this are not the same aluminum so it doesn't anodize to the same finish.
There was a company called All Trim that restored these parts. After hours invested they would sometimes buff all the way through the aluminum while trying to remove a deep scratch. Then the piece was discounted for that flaw.

thanks, I'm converting a 67 to a 68, so i need to fill in the extra screw hole at the top corner. if they can repair the hole, like you say, thats great because its painted over in argent silver, thanks

That screw location was changed because the bezel/door didn't always pull tight against the header panel. Unless you are a stikler for small details I think the smartest thing the do is intall the female threaded piece along with the screw. So in the end you would have both 67 and 68 hardware configuaration.

That screw location was changed because the bezel/door didn't always pull tight against the header panel. Unless you are a stikler for small details I think the smartest thing the do is intall the female threaded piece along with the screw. So in the end you would have both 67 and 68 hardware configuaration.

strangely enough I've spoken to several owners and they as well have two different types of bezels.

strangely enough I've spoken to several owners and they as well have two different types of bezels.

There are at least three 67-68 Headlight door configurations.

The hole on the inside that's in the dull aluminum painted region is no big deal. Just run it like redfish suggested. Either that or fill it with jb weld some and fill the rest with bondo. Then paint dull aluminum over it all.

But I'd run it as an added feature to keep things from rattling up there. The 67-68 nosecone is a flimsy piece that is relies on the grille assymblies to reinforce it.

And that hole is hardly noticable. There's another hole on the outside edge in the middle that some have and some don't.

-
Back