67 - 69 dart convertible

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim,
You mean something like this nice little two-owner beauty? :-D She's a little rusty but all the 'vert parts are in really decent condition. I'll sell all of it or just the 'vert specific parts.
Thanks,
Dallas

red GT 'vert (Small).jpg

Well they tell me that everything is 2' shorter than the hardtop so it would be windshield frame, door windows and vent, rear side windows, top and hardware. The windshield frame most likely would need the cowl cut out. Rear seat and chrome around the top. Let me know what you think?
Thanks
Jim

The differences between a hard top and a vert are too many to list. Windshield frame, rear interior body panels, quarter window and regulaters, rear wheel wells, on and on.
A vert frame has all 4 torque boxes that add strength but I really dont think they are enough support on a rotiserrie. I would add welded frame ties before mounting a vert on a rotis'.Good luck

I have already done the frame ties. Yes I know it will be lots of work. the enjoyment will out weight the work. I had a 67 and sold it, it was the worst thing I have ever did in my hole life. This is a pic. of the one I let get away. Dallas, I know a guy that has one tore apart and he said for me to come and take a look at it to get a real idea of how much work it will be. Can you pm me and let me know what you mite want for the parts or the hole car?
Thanks
Jim

dart1.jpg

I have already done the frame ties. Yes I know it will be lots of work. the enjoyment will out weight the work. I had a 67 and sold it, it was the worst thing I have ever did in my hole life. This is a pic. of the one I let get away. Dallas, I know a guy that has one tore apart and he said for me to come and take a look at it to get a real idea of how much work it will be. Can you pm me and let me know what you mite want for the parts or the hole car?
Thanks
Jim

That is beautiful Dart!

The Mrs. had one of those, when we first met. It was a yellow car with black guts and top. She ended up putting a headlight on both sides of a tree in the snow, so we traded it in on a new 72.
Been looking (not real hard) for one like it for quite some time.

Yes it was, it had no rust anywhere. It could be the worst day going and get in that and go for a ride and it went away. There has been alot those of days. I wish it was still around LOL........:cheers:

Yes it was, it had no rust anywhere. It could be the worst day going and get in that and go for a ride and it went away. There has been alot those of days. I wish it was still around LOL........:cheers:

Not intending to hijack this thread, but you sound like the guy to ask. I want to tie my frame together, but haven't found anything specific for a convertible.

I have always just used 2x2 square tubing and welded in to the front and rear, but have noticed people now have paterned ones, that also weld to the floor.
You have any suggestions?

I had a metal shop bend some 12 ga 4x2 2 pieces per side and traced them out and ground them out welded them together and welded them to the frame and floor boards. I will take some pic tonight and post them.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back