67 Barracuda Big Block K frame keep it or change it ??

-
Did anything need to be done? Weren't the stock K members pretty strong, slant six or otherwise? I'm not arguing, just asking. I haven't seen a slew of K member failures down through history because they had a big block on um. ..........unless I've just missed it. Which is certainly possible.

Evidently some were pretty strong, we ran a 68 roadrunner k frame in a 66-7 belevedere for 14 yrs, setting on stock motor mounts , w/ a home made torque strap on the drivers side.
We did have to put a little cage in in to stop the body from twisting, so hard the door would bounce back at u when u slammed it .

Wow, people need to held accountable for this..
Well the story on this one goes that Ricky Racer ran this thing on drag strips in the D/FW metro area, and that he committed suicide in the 80s apparently. His dad parked the car in rented storage for years and let it sit. The elements beat it up. Then it ended up in Whichita Falls. Got traded and passed around between mopar guys up there like a cheap *****. Each time it was traded it lost more parts. Was finally put up on Fabo to part out. I went to buy the doors, and was sold the rolling carcass minus front K frame and LCAs about 5 years ago for the price of the doors. It isnt every day nowadays you can get a fairly solid roller barracuda for $300. I concider myself quite fortunate even with all the work to fix it.

Did anything need to be done? Weren't the stock K members pretty strong, slant six or otherwise? I'm not arguing, just asking. I haven't seen a slew of K member failures down through history because they had a big block on um. ..........unless I've just missed it. Which is certainly possible.
I believe other than Hemi K frames they were all basically the same except for the engine mounting points. Hemi Ks got a skidplate to protect a 6 quart oil pan, motor mounts were way different than a regular big block, however the basic architecture is probably even the same with them too.

I would love to see what a big block factory K frame set of mounts that are welded onto the big block K look like.

20201121_140154.jpg

20201121_170753.jpg

The whole thing is a factory done hack job, passenger side mount too.

-
Back