67 Barracuda Front Sway Bar

-

scottylack

Reaction score
I have a 273 2 bbl basic Barracuda Convert....would it be a good idea to put a front sway bar in? Would there be a lot of modification? Worth the effort? Where can I get the kit?

thanks

In my opinion a front sway bar is always a good idea. I recently put an Addco 1 1/8 on the front of my 71 swinger and it made a huge difference. You shouldnt have any trouble finding a kit. I ordered the ACO-150 from Summit for $150. Pretty straightforward install. From what I hear there are better kits out there from Hellwig and others but they are a little bit more expensive.

Mike

If you drive the car often and want better handling and braking the best route would be a 73 up K-member with disc brakes and sway bar.
The original type sway bar for your car went around the K. Braking the bolt ears off the front mounts was a common problem.
Hellwig makes the best aftermarket front bar kit for your car. Addco is less expensive and serves the purpose. Either will require minimal mods. Just a hole or 2 drilled and a bolt length changed. Keep in mind better handling will result in faster cornering with the same ol drum brakes.

I'm with Red on this one. I did the disk brake conversion first, then suspension mods. You'll want to get that thing stopping before tackling the turns!

i agree you want to stop better but if funds are an issue, check with
Just Suspensions...99.00 front and 99.00 rear
made a BIG difference with just the front and the addition of the rear made it "too good", so i took it off.

Look on Ebay, I got both front and rear for 180.00 shipping included. There is a guy selling them all the time. That was a buy it now deal. They have set ups for pre 69, I had changed my K frame to a 73 so I used the later of course. It went in very easy. The one tip I will give is to set your car up on ramps and then pre fit and mark everything. It is a real pain getting the parts too line up with the suspension hanging. The set I bought was ADDCO.

I love the feel, it even helped take up some mushy steering issues I have due to /6 torsion bars. Best part I have added to the car!

-
Back