67 Barracuda Restoration

-

se7enine

Reaction score
Picked this beauty up last week. Seems like a good project.

I have the missing grill and extra trim piece too.

A bit dirty but I think she will clean up nice, need to put a new Slant 6 in then I can cruise and restore at the same time. Definitely needs new carpet and I will have to go over all the wiring and replace or re-insulate because the original wire insulation is too brittle.

Well was able to track down a nice /6 for the Barracuda today. I couldn't help but drool over the dozens of Mopars this guy had. 70's Challengers and Barracuda's, even a nice Datsun 510 w/ full race setup. Going to start stripping this motor down and getting it cleaned and ready for machine work this summer.

Thank you, I too was surprised to see how clean it was given how unkept the rest of the cars sitting on his property were.

What are your overall plans for it? I'm doing a rusty '67 notch as well, making it a 383 4 speed. Search "Ugly Bastard", there's a resto thread for my car.

For now I just want to get it running with a little more power before the end of next summer. Maybe up the compression and add a bigger cam, Offy intake w/ 390 carb. Header and exhaust upgrade down the road. Would like to have a turbo /6 but will not do that with this engine, maybe a backup engine and lots of time. This will be my daily driver in the summer.

Was looking for /6 parts at the junk yard and found a truck that already had an H.E.I. conversion done so I took it for myself, 1/2 off day too. Picked up the distributor as well as I needed one anyways.

-
Back