67 Cuda Buckets

-

Rbob

Reaction score
Do the original seats have raised boltsers?

In the process of installing the new "Legendary" seat covers and new seat foam from Legendary also.

Directions were vague on the foam, stating slight modification necessary on the 67 seat bolster area.

Since I am no expert, I called Legendary and asked about what modification they were talking about. They said they just came out with a seat bolster kit. So I ordered them.

They are very generic 1" high density foam (blue) that would have to be cut to fit.

My passenger seat was in pretty good shape and I had not taken it apart yet, it does not look like it had raised bolsters.

So I installed one seat bottom without the bolster kit and it was a very tight fit. I think it looks like it should be that way.

Legendary assures me the 67 had raised boltsers, I am not convinced.

Who knows or who has pictures.

I will post some pics tonight of what I have so far.

my 67 dart GT did not have any raised bolsters, and I think the seats are the same... could be wrong...

Here is the original:

DSC02778.jpg

I will upload a pic of the seat bottom I did without bolsters added to compare.

Pics of old seat:
P2100380.jpg

Seat bottom with bolster foam added:

P2100381.jpg

Would you add bolster foam or leave it??

Personal preferrance guy.. for your driving style.
I don`t go through turns too fast so they`d suit me.
I scaned an original pic? possibly a shot of a recent restoration,for ya.

Attachments

• 67 interior.pdf
    598.4 KB · Views: 176
It looks like they should have bolsters. The sides look like they are leaning down.

Did you take the original skin and foam off of your buckets ?
If so, Did it have any bolster shape ?

Upper definitely has raised bolsters:

DSC03301.jpg

Lower is not quite as pronounced:

DSC03302.jpg

So looks like I will be in the foam sculpting business. I bought seat foams that are for 66-67 cuda, wait they just came out with bolster kits to make them work, wait you have to cut, modify sculpt to make those work.

Just wish Legendary would have been more specific with there seat foam kits.

"Models requiring minor modification"

Should have stated you will have to buy our $100 bolster kit if you want it to look like the original and will require major modification and not recommended for the DIY!

That FSB looks like 68/69 style best suited for the deluxe interiors. Are you sure they sent the correct foam ?

Look at PG Classic their foam looks much more like the original and don't require all the mods. Legendary, PUI and Classic all seem to be selling the same foam.

That FSB looks like 68/69 style best suited for the deluxe interiors. Are you sure they sent the correct foam ?

Look at PG Classic their foam looks much more like the original and don't require all the mods. Legendary, PUI and Classic all seem to be selling the same foam.

Yes I got the correct foam, had to send back the 68-68 foam that they sent me over 2 years ago. (did not know it was wrong till I tried to install) Had to pay shipping but Legendary sent me the correct ones in exchange.

I just looked at PG Classic. Their 68-69 foam kit states: requires minimal to moderate modification on some models.

1840-ST68.jpg

These look better for sure, you can see the angle on the top seat bolster, it is thicker on the outer edge of the bolster.

So I will glue on the extra foam and have to have it thicker on the sides.

Thanks you for the link, wish I would have bought PG Classic. Does not look like to much modification to theirs, just cut the foam for the listing wire.

Rbob

I see PGClassic does not have the 67 foam.

Also Legendary does not have a clear picture of the MF66ABSET for 66 and 67 that should be what you need. Their catalog seems to show more of a bolster closer to your old foam but the picture is so small it is hard to tell.

So if the the front seat bottom looks like the one you posted then they must be using the same piece as the 68/69 set which is why I asked if they sent the right foam. Also I see the seat backs in one post and they sure look like the 68/69 version. Do you have the box they sent them in with the part number???

The PGClassic 68/69 foam still looks like a lot of modification will be required to match up to your old 67 foam.

Have you thought about going to an upholstery shop and see if they can re-work your original foam?

Update! Ended up adding foam to the seat backs, they looked like crap. sent the foam back to legendary and bought some at the foam and fabric store. Just did the side bolsters. Ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would be. Used a fish filet knife to get the foam close and sanded it with a #24 grinder to shape it.

Seats before / after:

P2220419.jpg

P2220410.jpg

P2220411.jpg

P2220413.jpg

P2220416.jpg

P2220421.jpg

cutting foam: Could not hold the grinder and film:

[ame="http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/Rbob_photos/1967 Plymouth Barracuda Coupe/Seats/?action=view&current=P2220412.mp4"]http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/Rbob_photos/1967 Plymouth Barracuda Coupe/Seats/?action=view¤t=P2220412.mp4[/ame]

I will post one more of the seats assembled later this evening.

Man those turned out NICE! Question though, did 67 come with head rests? thought that was 68 and up?

Man those turned out NICE! Question though, did 67 come with head rests? thought that was 68 and up?

wedge shaped headrests in Plymouth A-body ( vert fishes mostly ) were borrowed from Dodge or Dart to be exact. The more common oval headrests are 68-9

Yep, mine came with them. Lucky me!

I am still pissed at Legendary for not having more specif instructions other than "slight modification" to bolster area.

But Legendary is supposed to have some new videos soon of these seats and seat foam. Should be enlightening.

-
Back