67 dart 270

-

mp67dart

Reaction score
This is my 67 dart Ive had this car since I was 16 that was 19 years ago. It has been through hell thanks to me but know its time to get her right and to put her back were she needs to be. It has a 360 in it that was rebuilt it has a purple shaft 292/.509 cam, stock heads with 1.88 ss valve, Rpm intake,750 carb, msd ing.,headers 3000 stall,man. valve body, 8 3/4 with posi n 3.91. Just hade 1/4 replaced and in the process of stripin it down for paint. I have big plans but little time.

2009 160.jpg

2009 161.jpg

As soon as I figure out how to post more pics I will put sum more up. Not very good at this stuff. This page keeps saying that the pics are too large dont know how to make them work. Any way did yall notice that those are 275/60/15 with out cuting the rear well opening? Was done by moving the 1/4s forward when replace. Really can tell just thought it was a nice touch.

Right on! It looks like you got a nice project going there for a 67 Dart. My Dart was orginally mu\y mothers and has been in my family since I was 8 years old. Became mine when I was 16 many years ago. Two years ago I swapped the 273 HIPO for a 340 bored .030. I just installed 3.55 sure grip and had the body and paint done last year. Good luck with the build.8)

DSC02388.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

As soon as I figure out how to post more pics I will put sum more up. Not very good at this stuff. This page keeps saying that the pics are too large dont know how to make them work. Any way did yall notice that those are 275/60/15 with out cuting the rear well opening? Was done by moving the 1/4s forward when replace. Really can tell just thought it was a nice touch.

The best way to post pics is to open a photobucket account. Upload the pics to there. Then copy the image link and paste it here within your post. It will give you a high quality pic and it doesnt matter what size it is.

Jut getting around to post sum pics. This is a car a bought for part its almost to good to junk.The guy I bought it from provided me with all the receits of all the new parts he had put on it. It has a new gas tank and sending unit,kyb shocks,carb,battery,tires and brakes.I have already removed the trunk pan gas tank shocks and fenders.

2009 151.jpg

2009 153 (Small).jpg

2009 152 (WinCE).jpg

2009 150 (Small).jpg

2009 154 (Small).jpg

Im about through working on my trunk finally got the spare tire pan welded in and all the holes welded up just a little more and the trunk will be done.The 2nd pic is of my a pillar on the inside if you look close you can see a crack right below the small hole. What caused this? Too much body flex? Its on both sides inside and out.The other pic is when I just bought the car in 91.

2009 more 113 (WinCE).jpg

2009 more 116 (Small).jpg

2009 more 101 (WinCE).jpg

Well I ve started on a new project. It is a 70 dart swinger. I bought the car back in June 08 with the intention to sale. But the more I got it ready to sale the more I wonted to keep it. THe car was org. purchased by my stepmoms aunt.She drove the car until 95 when she was placed in a nursing home,Thats when my step mom and dad bought it from her. My dad isnt in to cars so he parked it under his shed and thats where its at until I bought it.I have sense replaced varouis stuff manly using parts from the parts car I bought for my 67. Just want sumthing to drive around on while I finish my 67.

Sorry heres a few pics of my 70 swinger /6 with 7.25 its badly fadded b3 ex.and b7 interior.It has a few rust spots in the usual places nothing serious.I have a super six setup and disc brake setup Ill install in the near future.Dont want to take up all my time fixing it up until I get my 67 completed.

car 005 (Small).jpg

car 024 (Small).jpg

car 025 (Small).jpg

car 026 (Small).jpg

I made a trip to pick n pull this week and managed to get a super six set so I can try to wake that ol dog up. Also go a set of upper control arms,spindles,rotors so one day I can change out those dreadful 9 inch drum brakes for sumthing that will stop.

car 021 (Small).jpg

car 022 (Small).jpg

car 031 (Small).jpg

Well it never seems like I get anything done working on two cars.I have made sum progress on the 67 I have about finshed the subframe connectors.I have the pass. fender and hood from having it all stripped down and primed.Ordered a hemi hood scope from aar 3/2/10 just recieved it Fri. 4/2/10.Will try to post pics.I live way out in the country and all we can get is dail up or satalite internet con. and im too cheap for satalite.It takes way to long to post pics.

Pics of my new hood scoop really like it better than what came on the car[dual snorkel scoop].

scoop 004 (Small).jpg

scoop 005 (Small).jpg

Removed gauges and trim from 70 dart and repainted them while I was at it I decided to repaint dash and doors and try to improve th looks a little.For some reson I thought I wanted to paint it with enamal.Well after the third time I almost got it right.I could have sprayed it a little wetter but I was scared of more runs and sags.All in all Im happy with it.Also Ive replaced the head on the slant.While I was at I had the head milled .060;ported and the intake gasket matched.Man what a defferance it made.

Pics of my / 6. Super six intake modified.Dont realy know if it helps or not.The guy who did the work said it will help when I add a bigger cam and carb.

new car 013 (Small).jpg

new car 014 (Small).jpg

new car 015 (Small).jpg

new car 016 (Small).jpg

Been workn on my 70 swinger.thought I would put a simple paint job on it and drive the snot out of it .Well I have manage to strip all the paint off.No surprises on body just a few rust pine holes in quarters and no prier bodywork hopefully have it in primer this week. And start block sanding it.

Got car primed still have front and rear valance and front and rear extentions to prime. Its almost too hot too do anything outside.

IMG00007-20100728-1148.jpg

IMG00008-20100728-1148.jpg

Got car painted thIs weekend 1st time painting. anything this size.I have a few runs in my clear and I got a few tiger strips on the trunk lid. Overall I'm happy with.

Attachments

• IMG00017-20101122-1354.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG00016-20101122-1354.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG00015-20101122-1353.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG00014-20101122-1353.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 198
I havent worked on my 67 as i should I have been busy with other things, and frankly I have ran out of money which isnt hard to do. I have been worried about the quarter panels even though I had them replaced and spent a pretty good bit to have them done by a so called metal working expert,something in my gut keep telling me something was wrong and some problems lie under neith all that primer.So i stripped them down and this is what i found. BONDO every where the whole quarter is covered, around the weld is a 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and in some places its a little thicker.Lookes as if he beat the welds down instead of grinding them flush.Rust holes in quarters around the back with bondo covering up. Im so sick i dont know what Im going to do!!!

Attachments

• quarter 1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 149
  • quarter 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 157
  • quarter 3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 157
  • quarter 4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 147
that is some bad work by the "expert" though you have done some fantastic work yourself.

got anything left of that 68 4door parts car?

-
Back