67 Dart exhaust tip hanger

-

BPTracing

Reaction score
I am wanting to replace the generic round chrome (rusty) exhaust tips on my Dart. I realize the car came with single exhaust, and I don't recall seeing any "67" tips.

However I was hoping to install a set of 68 rectangle tips. I see a hole in the rear frame rails (both sides) I think could be for a blind nut clip, presumably for a tip hanger.

I purchased some 68 hangers, but they look like they mount to the side of the frame rail rather then the bottom.

Am I missing something???

20240402_181218.jpg

20240402_181750.jpg

Those big round holes were used for shipment only. Exhaust hangers used a square hole ( with retaining clip) rear of that hole and on the inside of the frame rail.

100_3118.JPG

100_3119.JPG

You can duplicate it. Those clip nuts are available at the hardware store. Find a car and look for correct placement. Two holes, one to slide the clip nut into place and another hole for the bolt.

The tail hanger location was changed for '68 from what it was in '67. Also the cross body fuel tank strap was changed to two for - aft straps providing a little more room fro the tailpipe(s).

-
Back