67 "non GT?" fender turn indicators?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I'm going to eliminate the GT top chrome, and for some reason thought the fender indicators would look good by themselves, but realized to day the GT chrome fits up around the rear of them, so leaves them 'unfinished.'

Did they MAKE "non GT" fender indicators in 67?

Attachments

• _MG_7333cs.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 174
Here's a small pic of what I was thinking. Small bullet type signals. Similar to 68-69 maybe?

Attachments

• 81177.1967.Dodge.Dart.440.2-Door.Convertible.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 206
Just thinking out loud here Del, what does the other end of the chrome strip look like? Could a short 1 inch or so piece be cut off and hole drilled and dimpled and installed over the end of that light to give it a finished look?

Thanks, I don't want to try that. I'd rather put them on the way they are now, or just take them off

Forgot it wasn't from my phone, I replaced web address and with pic.

Yep. Thanks, I found those on a different website. Well.....LOL, they will get removed.

I think I'm really going to like the car "de chromed." My old 70RR pretty much had no trim, and I liked it that way. This will have grey center "Bullitt" wheels so it should look pretty good.

might have to go with the 68/9 bullet type indicators if you want to keep fender mounted signals.

personally I would keep them on with the 68/9 type ...nothing is cooler and more vintage than fender mounted signals .....name a new car that has them and is as cool as these old cars.

the problem with the 68/9 bullet type ones is that they are hard to find non-pitted and most original ones have corrosion of some sort and are usually junk and the new ones are really expensive.

you decide for yourself but I would think some new re-pops from ebay are well worth the money ......the re-pops are new and made with better stuff. The originals can get pretty nasty with corrosion and pitting. I am going to get some re-pops for my 68

Thanks, Rani. We're gonna remove them. My old 69/ 70 RR were both pretty "chrome free" I rather liked the look. I think between the wheels, the little bit on the window frames and windshield trim, and the rear panel, it will be great.

-
Back