67 sway bar in a 66?

-

Scooper

Reaction score
Just shootin the question out there, is that even a viable possibility? Are the frames wider on the 67 & later cars (I know the 8.75 rear is the same for both generarions but, that is the rear)?

If it even is possible, what would be entailed and needed to install it and/or make it work?

To my knowledge, that doesn't work.
That's why there is a factory sway bar for the 65, 66, A body cars, and a bar for the 67-72 cars.
Sway bar mounting bracketry to the crossmember is quite different between 65-66 and 67-72.

My .02 cents is if your looking for a bar for a 66 car, advertise for one in the for sale section.
They do come up for sale from time to time, but admittedly, they are hard to come by.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, that doesn't work.
That's why there is a factory sway bar for the 65, 66, A body cars, and a bar for the 67-72 cars.
Sway bar mounting bracketry to the crossmember is quite different between 65-66 and 67-72.

My .02 cents is if your looking for a bar for a 66 car, advertise for one if the for sale section.
They do come up for sale from time to time, but admittedly, they are hard to come by.

Ok, good to know. My control arms do not have the provision for sway bars, but, I had briefly glanced at aftermarket options and was curious was was possible in the OE segment.

I doubt you could even get a 67/ later between the brake drums........

No, the '67-72 bar will not work, BUT I have held a '73-76 bar up under an early A. With the right amount of fabrication it will PROBABLY work...It would require custom location tabs and frame brackets...

No, the '67-72 bar will not work, BUT I have held a '73-76 bar up under an early A. With the right amount of fabrication it will PROBABLY work...It would require custom location tabs and frame brackets...
I was not "that" industrious. LOL

-
Back