67 to 69 DART CHANGEOVER

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Found a reasonably priced 2 dr '67 Dart. Just to get it thru tech inspection, how hard to do a conversion(body/trim) to a 1969, so that I can use my stock eliminator BB?

But '67s did come stock with BBs...
s-l300.jpg

Front grill, hood lettering, headlight buckets will need to be relocated to match the headlight bezels.

Add marker lights front and rear.

Depending on 67 dart trim level you will need to fill holes. Or drill new ones

Trunk molding and tail light openings will need to be altered.

Then the inside seats are different, door panels, steering wheel, dash pad and lower dash pad.

OR

You could leave the 67 as a 67 which is by far the coolest looking Dart of the series.

Weren't 69 marker lenses just rectangle reflectors until 70, when they added the bulbs?

440. Its the exterior that's the most important.

Bumper on 67 had reverse lights, 69 were in tail lamps, and the tail lamp mountings are smaller on a 67 (I am told) Someone already mentioned moving the headlamps. Will they check the VIN? No idea

Weren't 69 marker lenses just rectangle reflectors until 70, when they added the bulbs?

True, but 69 fenders and quarters had recesses stamped into them. It's not just flat reflectors attached to a panel. They also fit into a "receptacle".

Is it NHRA? How picky are they? 1972 and up style could work. Would they even notice back-up lights and different tail light styles?

NHRA is only picky when someone (usually a loser) is pissy. Its the exterior that poses most of the issues Bumper, lights and trim are the biggest issue that I found. Interior is not a big thing since Mopar stuff is not on the aftermarket list of "replacement worthy". Interior parts can be missing or cracked or hidden. I've seen the reflectors just glued on. As a 10 footer is all looks stock.

-
Back