67 valiant headliner help

-
any paticular area of the headliner you looking for pics of? mine is still somewhat in the car I can take some pics tommorow for you. I will remove the headliner this weekend and take pics as im doing it ( my first time with headliner myself so I use pics to help me when ready for new install) any paticular spot other then bows that you need please let me know, Surf

i will get better pics this weekend when I pull the headliner out- My first time doing a headliner myself. So this should be fun!

Attachments

• 2011-08-03_13-09-51_235.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 2011-08-03_13-09-56_881.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 2011-08-03_13-10-53_707.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 2011-08-03_13-11-08_524.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 2011-08-03_13-11-21_972.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 2011-08-03_13-12-29_908.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 2011-08-03_13-12-41_118.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 2011-08-03_13-13-55_807.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 2011-08-03_13-17-47_925.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 227
  • 2011-08-03_13-18-03_472.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 272
As you take the bows out, you may notice paint dabs in different colors on the tips. If you could post where each is located that might help line them up easier! Thanks.

thanks those pics are very helpful, my bows were removed before I bought the car and any pics of the bows in place without the headliner would be a huge help. I figured out the rear bow but the others seem to big. I am really not sure I have the correct bows.

i left my bows in the old headliner when i took it out, i'll check em today and let you know which colors go where. -pauly

front to back:
violet- 49"
violet- 49"
violet- 49"
red- 50 1/2"
blue- 70-71"

i doubt the measurements are exact since the tape i was using was very stiff and difficult to bend around the bows, but they should be close. basically the front three are the same size and the shortest, and the very back one is the longest. there's five in all.
remember too that there's little wire fasteners that hook to the back bow and keep it pulled towards the back window

Thanks 3404speed and Pauly for the color codeing/length info. Quicktree I will do my best to document the removal process with photos this weekend and I will try to mock everything back up without said headliner so we can get a "behind the scenes" view. Who knows how long it will take for me to get back to installing a headliner so hopefully I can back to this thread when I need to and have some pics along with some good advice from others who have jumped this hurdle :)

front to back:
violet- 49"
violet- 49"
violet- 49"
red- 50 1/2"
blue- 70-71"

i doubt the measurements are exact since the tape i was using was very stiff and difficult to bend around the bows, but they should be close. basically the front three are the same size and the shortest, and the very back one is the longest. there's five in all.
remember too that there's little wire fasteners that hook to the back bow and keep it pulled towards the back window
thanks Pauly, looks like I have 2 at 49" 1 at 501/2 and the long one that goes on the rear. the rear one seems to fit fine. and I have the 2 little wires that hook on it but the other 3 don't fit unless they are at an angle to the front or rear? thats why I need to see how they are installed.I guess I am missing one also. don't know where I will get that one from.

Thanks 3404speed and Pauly for the color codeing/length info. Quicktree I will do my best to document the removal process with photos this weekend and I will try to mock everything back up without said headliner so we can get a "behind the scenes" view. Who knows how long it will take for me to get back to installing a headliner so hopefully I can back to this thread when I need to and have some pics along with some good advice from others who have jumped this hurdle :)
thanks that would be very helpful. feel up there and see if they are at an angle before you remove them if you can.I am just about ready to install mine so if I can figure this bow thing out I'll take some pics of the install that may help you.I was thinking if you cut the headliner out around the bows you may be able to see how they fit. thanks again

Sorry quicktree I was called into work for Saturday and didnt have the energy to do anything Sunday. I will do my best to cut the headliner back and get a few more pics up here tomorrow for you

Bows are supported by the clip's on each end of bow
there is padding between the bow and roof when the rod is place at angle then turned up straight to add the needed tension and each one somewhat adjusts for flow and fit.
Start by hanging middle rod and work back , then go back to middle and work to front make sure you have a heat gun or at least a good hair dryer and some small padded clamps
U tube has a few helpful install videos

Bows are supported by the clip's on each end of bow
there is padding between the bow and roof when the rod is place at angle then turned up straight to add the needed tension and each one somewhat adjusts for flow and fit.
Start by hanging middle rod and work back , then go back to middle and work to front make sure you have a heat gun or at least a good hair dryer and some small padded clamps
U tube has a few helpful install videos
mine still has the clips but I can't picture what they actually do. I think the bows I have are for my challenger. they just seem to long for the valiant.

http://www.hotrod.com/howto/76318_headliner_installation/index.html

sorry quicktree I havent been able to get my car cleared out enough to get good pics of the clips. Soon as I can I will though, hope this link will help till then. Surf
thanks for the link I have seen that before. it is very helpful but it doesn't show how the bows fit in the clips. I am pretty sure I have the wrong bows for my valiant. I had some laying around for my challenger. I can guess they just slide down in the pocket of the clip. the bows I have are bent on the end.I'll be watching when you get to yours. thanks for all the help.

got my bows in and they fit perfect. big difference in having the correct ones. does anyone know if there are cardboard pieces behind the headliner sail panel on a 67 valiant 2 door sedan? thanks

-
Back