68 barracuda / Dart - HELP!

-

crycho

Reaction score
Can anyone here direct me to a parts supplier that sells front and rear drums 10" for these cars, any information would help, thanks Guys!!

Jeez, doesn't exactly give you the warm & fuzzies, when all the dimensions are given in metric. 5 x 100 bolt pattern? Not exactly...

I tried using Autozone's look-up for my 67 Barracuda 273-4bbl. It gave me a 9 x 2.5" rear drum (after translating from mm), which is wrong -- it should be a 10 x 1.75.

Always look at the dimensions, because the parts databases are riddled with errors as far as 1967-69 brake parts are concerned. I don't know why -- maybe there was a fire at Hamtramck and some records were lost -- but it doesn't matter what brand or store, they are always screwed up on the same items.

most of the information is copied from manufacturers catalog and added to web via a computer guy. I take it they use the same catalogs which has incorrect information which also happens.

Ive had good luck with napa auto parts. and autozone, rockauto and ebaymotors also.

We know the disc brake conversions have lowered the demand for front drums. We don't know if/when the aftermarket will run a batch of those drums or what the price might be. We do know they wont be cheap. We do know we cant buy OEM type asbestos linings for them either. How we use this knowledge is the question. The decission is yours.
Good luck

get in touch with doctor diff... Cass will find them for you, he may have them on hand. doctordiff.com

good luck

-
Back