68 barracuda fastback rear fold down seat

-

crycho

Reaction score
starting to assemble the rear seats and trunk divider and WOW way to many pieces. any ways, the large metal base that is screwed to the floor and cross support in the trunk is the question. does this large metal piece have any stainless steel trim on it (deluxe version)? between the bottom of the fold down seat and where it butts up against it? (when folded down) hope this is clear to everyone.

starting to assemble the rear seats and trunk divider and WOW way to many pieces. any ways, the large metal base that is screwed to the floor and cross support in the trunk is the question. does this large metal piece have any stainless steel trim on it (deluxe version)? between the bottom of the fold down seat and where it butts up against it? (when folded down) hope this is clear to everyone.
I think I know where your at, I think. I don't know about 68 but on 69s all the hardware is steel & are painted black.

A picture says a thousand words.
CC-242-152-1200[1].jpg

that's the piece I need the trim on the large metal base which butts up against the bottom of the rear seat.

Yeah mine has one. I don't know if there is a reproduction of this piece. I have never seen one up for sale.

My bad!! I parted out a Fastback Barracuda a few years ago and had all the rear interior sheet metal and most of the SS trim. I sold some of it but thought I had the pieces you're looking for. As it turns out (after digging it all out again) I have the SS metal trim that goes over the front and top of the rear side carpet on either side. I remember that I had some skinny long pieces but it's not the trim for the lower floor section:

DSC07503.JPG
DSC07504.JPG
DSC07505.JPG

I also still have many of the large and small formed sheet metal sections for the inside rear of a Fastback.

treblig

-
Back