Status
Not open for further replies.

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Contact seller
The quick description is it's a 68 fastback with a nice street 360, 727 trans, and 8-3/4 with 3.55 gears and Nitto drag radials and American racing wheels. It also has power steering. I've owned it nearly 8 yrs. and the first 4 were spent restifying it. I rebuilt the 360, 727, 8-3/4 rear, and every bit of the suspension and braking system and steering system doing some upgrades I'll mention as I go along. I have only put about 8000 miles on it since. I have numerous pictures of when I had it apart and what I did. Here's a brief summary.

engine is a 79 360 with 340 X heads I ported and installed stainless REV valves and had a local head shop install bronze guides and do a 5 angle valve job. The block was bored .030 over and the rods had ARP bolts installed and were re-sized and KB107 pistons installed and the rotating assy. was balanced. Intake is an Eddy Air-Gap and the carb is a 850 vacuum sec. Holley. New Hooker headers (the regular 1-5/8" street headers) were installed. The exhaust on it now is old and not so great looking but solid but I have a brand new in the box complete 2-1/2" Pypes stainless exhaust system I bought a year ago I just haven't got around to installing. Also have a set of original type exhaust tips that are 2-1/2" inlets to match the Pypes system. The cam is a Lunati 60404 (234/242 at .050", .513/.533 lift) real nice HP street cam. Comp Cams dual valve springs with 10 degree locks and retainers. I also did some oiling mods to improve oil flow. I have a bunch of pictures of when I assembled the engine. I attached a couple for reference. I installed Lokar cables on the throttle and trans. kickdown. I also installed a remote oil filter and oil cooler. March serpentine pulleys and all new hoses and belts.

Trans is a 69 727 that I completely rebuilt with hp Raybestos clutches and bands. Deep chrome pan. Dual trans. coolers (since the aftermarket universal radiator doesn't have a trans. cooler I installed 2 trans. coolers). PTC 3000 stall converter that does stall at least 3000 if not slightly more. I replaced all bushings and set all clearances to HP specs. Installed a Trans-go TF-2 shift improver kit. I installed a B&M quicksilver in the stock console which took a lot of work to make look and work right but it looks great and works flawlessly.

I totally disassembled the rearend and rebuilt everything. All new bearings, seals, brakes (stock size brakes but HP linings and hardware), new lines, and painted the housing. The only thing that is not new is the 3.55 gears. They are OEM gears that were in nice condition. It is a 489 case with a clutch type SG I rebuilt. The original axles were re-drilled by Moser's to the big bolt pattern and screw in 1/2" studs installed. Stock type wheel bearings are new. It does have a little gear whine down the hwy.

I totally rebuilt the suspension. I installed disc brakes up front from a 74 Dart. I installed Magnum force tubular upper A arms as well as CAP Dynamic strut rods. I also installed Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks all around. It drives great and is pretty quick (13.63 @ 102 on a poor tune up and lousy track conditions). I only ran it at the track once but won't lie to you I have gave her heck a few times (well maybe even more than a few, LOL). I also installed sub-frame connectors and a driveshaft loop.

The body is super solid. The original floor pans had no rust at all. There is minor rust at the rear part of the rear frame rails and rear crossmember but it is really minor, really just surface rust. The front subframe was rusted some where the upper A-arms bolt on and the rusted metal was cut out and new metal welded in. The inner fenders were pretty rusty and since I don't like rust I cut every bit of it out and welded in new metal. I had a guy paint the engine bay in 2005. I have a buddy 5 miles away that'll let us put it up on his rack so you can see just how solid this car is. The paint job is about 15 yrs. old so it is showing it's age. The back part of the rockers have some putty in them it looks like but it's on the external metal so it'd be easy to fix. The rear valance has some putty in it. The trunk also has some minor putty but I have a straight solid trunk lid I'll throw in with it. The drivers door is rusted at the bottom inside but I have a straight solid door I'll throw in. All in all it looks great running down the road and we constantly get compliments when we go to cruise-ins. It is painted 1990 Plymouth Laser Raspberry and the color looks fantastic on it.

Other new parts include a fuel tank and 3/8" pickup and 3/8" line to the front. New dual field 60 amp alternator properly wired in with the new style regulator. New wiring harness (engine bay only). Aftermarket gauges. New HP water pump. New Northern radiator, shroud and flex fan. Mallory 6AL. Moroso plug wires. Mopar perf. aluminum valve covers. New Grant GT steering wheel. New carpet. New glove box liner and glove box trim. Restored deck lid trim and tail lights (but the lenses are decent used originals). Re-chromed rear bumper. New XHD rear springs an shackles.

I have nearly every receipt for everything I bought and am pretty sure there's at least $16000 in receipts there. Paid $6200 for it so I'm in it pretty deep.

I have other new or nearly new parts also (door panels, door and window seals to name a few) that'll go with it. I even have a 408 I was building for it that can be bought extra. It should make about 450 hp. I will have it completed soon.

I installed a new stock type dash bezel and thumbwheel radio. I also installed a custom Sony sound system that I mounted under the dash so if someone wanted to put it back to stock it's easy.

When I had the carpet out I installed premium sound insulation and heat reflector.

Asking $18,500

This car is turn key. Hop in and go cruising. Drives great, turns heads everywhere we go. Cruises nice with the 3.55 gears. Looks tough with the big back tires (P275/60/15). It does require premium fuel and gets about 12 mpg is you take it easy. I have a nearly new Holley 770 Avenger that got about 15 mpg (taking it easy) I could install instead of the 850 if wanted but it's not quite as fast with it. As with any large 4 barrel if you open it up much don't expect good gas mileage.

Also note the bucket seats are not original. When I got the car it had GTO seats in it so I took them out. Couldn't find original seats right then so I went junkyard hopping and found a real nice set of seats from a 91 Mitsu Eclipse. I located a real nice set of original bucket seat rails and made adapters to mate the Mitsu seats to them. They don't look original naturally but do look real good and are super comfortable. Since the original type seat rails are there it would be super easy to convert it to stock seats if wanted. The front grill and headlight bezels are original parts and not perfect but real good.

I'm sure there's a bunch I've forgot. Just ask if you have questions but please serious inquiries only. I don't mind talking hot rods at all but this hurts having to sell it so I'd just like to get it over.

Here are a few pictures. I probably have at least 50-60 pictures that covers a lot of the vehicle and how it looked tore down and after the work I did so if you are truly interested pm me and I'll send what I have.

Attachments

• At Beaverdam 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Cuda on the river road cruise 10-11-07 014.JPE
    26 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Cuda on the river road cruise 10-11-07 003.JPE
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • At Beaverdam 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Cuda on the river road cruise 10-11-07 009.JPE
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,252
Status