'68 Barracuda Formula-S 383 convertible....

-
Reaction score
I've been a member for a while so I thought I should say hello to all of you. I really enjoy reading about all of the cool Mopars everyone has. About three years ago I was lucky enough to find and buy a '68 Barracuda Formula-S 383 convertible. It was robbed of the big block and 4-speed years ago but I'm rounding up all the parts I need to restore it back to factory original. I have a '68 383 and a 4 speed. Need a 4-speed console and a few other things. I'm just about ready to start the restoration as soon as I get a few expenses taken care of. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good place to take my car for the restoration in Michigan? Someone with A-body experience for sure. This car is too rare to not do right. I live on the west side of the state. Thanks and I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

top down-side view.jpg

383 call outs.jpg

Formula S badge.jpg

Welcome barracudadon
Sweet, the second BB 4-speed convert in a week.
How many of those were produced, less than 20?
These are as rare as a -71 Hemi Cuda Convert, if not even more rare.
Good luck and post a lot of pics.

When I bought my 67 (1967) they had 1 on the floor and 1 in the shop. I remember seeing more then a few around, they we're said to be nose heavy..drove like a 390 stang. I talked to the guy with the car in the shop and he was having drive line problems...rear I think. A friend had one and loved it, he over revved and took out the weights in the distributor. A really beautiful car you have there!

Welcome barracudadon, You have a dandy there.
Glad you jumped in to enjoy the best site going.

Awesome car, welcome what a great car to own, one of the best rarest ever... sweet!

Lot of great help om this site for you too if needed.

Wow, Don you have been a member for a long time! I`m glad to see you jump in with the rest of us. Your car is so fine, I love the year, color, and engine/trans combo. I see 4 spd consoles on Ebay occasionally and they still bring good money but if you`re persistent you can eventually score a nice one without emptying your wallet. Brewers Performance can help you with the shifter, clutch, and z-bar linkage. Welcome!

Welcome Sir!
Nice Rare Fish you got der"! I have 1 of 369 1968 383 auto "S" Fastback. Its in my shop as i type! Just finished today stripping the factory Q1 blue to bare metal. acid washed it and will acid etch it and shoot epoxy primer tomorrow. Its on the way to become better than new. Anyhow, Yours looks mighty fine to me.

Ahh why not?? Here is a as aquired and last weekend photo.

cuda2.jpg

cuda1.jpg

-
Back