68 barracuda power steering box rebuild

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
All right been dealing with Classic Industries for almost 6 weeks now for a power steering gear box. They say its been on back order and the last time I spoke with them they said it could be a year. I'm serious to. Having visions of Laysons and there 8 years later call on a emblem that I ordered. These A bodies are tight in this area and I don't want to drop 600 bucks(theres is 199.99) on some others they have, or any where else, and some of the pics I have seen of some of other companies new ones look nothing like mine. Does any body know where you can send your box out and have rebuilt for that 250.00 range. Thanks

I just had my 72 dart p/s box rebuilt thru rock auto/lares. Less than 200$ Took about two weeks

I will be sending mine to Lares also through Rock auto, it is actually cheaper to send it through Rock Auto than it is to send it to Lares even the guy at Lares told me to do it that way.
Bob

Steer and gear! With core.

Likely in two to three days.

Why not do it yourself? The factory service manual outlines it very well.

Firm Feel is another option. I've been to their shop. Clean, Organized, and great guys who actually want to know you and your car, not just schlep you parts

-
Back