68 cuda console wiring?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
OMG....68 cuda diagrams suck ! So where exactly does my console wiring go to? Black to ground... Orange to where?

The later schematics I can follow......

67dart273....I know you can help.....

They go from 1234....to abcd..... For the bulk head... Whats up with that?
Were they all doing LSD ?

there are actually two console sub-harnesses. one connects by the bulkhead and the "orange" connector is normally by the ashtray. The orange wire is lighting and is for dimming console PRND21 via headlight switch. The radio has an orange wire used for same purpose. This harness runs over into the right kick panel and black grounds there. the second harness runs from the right kick panel under passenger floor to the console.

Thanks Rocky..that makes sense. I am running the later model neutral safety wiring not the switch on the shifter. I assume that is the other circuit you are referring to.

The 68 and prior wiring diagrams are so vague....

The console has a cigarette lighter, and the light for the PRNDL. That's just about it.

View attachment 1714706121
The console has a cigarette lighter, and the light for the PRNDL. That's just about it.

EDIT:

You have the 68 Plymouth manual from here

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

See page 333 (8-107)

Doesn't 68 still have the backup lamp switch on the shifter?

Orange is dash lamps. You have a console tach?

You are correct, this is poorly documented. Let me see what I can find

You have courtesy lamps? Pink is power for them, yellow is the ground switching (door switches)

Attachments

• console1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 168
  • console2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 165
It all seems so simple now... I was thinking the switch on the shifter was for the neutral switch.

I dont have a 68 service manual but I do have a 69. However there are a few changes between the years.

Still looking for a lower shift rod for a 904 console car. May have to fabricate one. One member has one but wants $100 for it and the levers I don't need. Just can't get myself to pay as much as I pick up whole tranys for...

Thanks for your help.

It all seems so simple now... I was thinking the switch on the shifter was for the neutral switch.

I dont have a 68 service manual but I do have a 69. However there are a few changes between the years.

Still looking for a lower shift rod for a 904 console car. May have to fabricate one. One member has one but wants $100 for it and the levers I don't need. Just can't get myself to pay as much as I pick up whole tranys for...

Thanks for your help.

There is no difference in the linkages from a 727 or 904. I've interchanged them both and used the same linkages.

There is no difference in the linkages from a 727 or 904. I've interchanged them both and used the same linkages.

Actually I knew that about the 904 vs 727... Just had a brainfart.....
Either way I need one....

That , tires and windshield are the last major pieces to get her on the road.

Then I can start finding the glitches....

My son ( Jerhemi Cuda) wants to take it to prom so I am in a time crunch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 103
yes, but think it is the back up lights not neutral safety. what connector do you have off the trans 1 or 3 wire? if three wire you can wire back up lights from there (two outer are back-up, center pin is neutral safety). and just use the orange wire to the console for its lighting.

Thanks Rocky..that makes sense. I am running the later model neutral safety wiring not the switch on the shifter. I assume that is the other circuit you are referring to.

The 68 and prior wiring diagrams are so vague....

-
Back