68 Cuda fastback suspension rebuild...

-
B-body would be easy to do.as their end link tabs are in the same spot as our add-on tabs. Thanks Steve, I'll look into it.

Wow, f*cking phenomenal. Thank you so very, very much for the great information.

I will be running the same setup (Mustang Wheels) on my '67 Barracuda, and your information has been so helpful.

I really appreciate the time you took to take great pictures and explain step by step, it definetly cleared up a few questions I had.

Now I know I need wheel spacers and definetly a Hellwig sway bar. I mean crap, is that customer service or what? You can't pay enough for great service, definetly a rarity these days (Kudos to you Dave, I'll be calling you one day soon).

Thanks again Mopardude318 for everything and keep up the great work. Definetly inspiring and motivating. My hat's off to you.... :thumbup:

Thank You very much for the outstanding job with this!

I can use all the photos and your clear, accurate description to upgrade when the time comes.

GREAT JOB!

Yes, that's right, Steve. These little guys.

142reqs.jpg

Those would be better than what I have...

Those look perfect, anyone have a source for these puppies?

Very nice stuff here, so it looks like the suspension is done. Am I still coming to get on that bodywork?

Very nice stuff here, so it looks like the suspension is done. Am I still coming to get on that bodywork?
Hell yea!!! Get on over here! I need ya help on that! Nice weather, 25 minutes from the beach, we have an extra room in our house where you can stay if ya want... seriously. Take a vacation :)

Wow great info wish i read this sooner. I installed the same RMS upper control arms and strut rods on my 68 formula s. I drag race this car but decided to go this direction. now I need to replace my upper control arms also as i have the early u shaped ones. I need new T bars. I installed willwood drag brakes so now i will have to change that. I do have viper calipers so I will use them. And that sway bar will work for me also. Trial and error can be costly.

<Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Dude,

I never realized there's a difference between a power steering column and a non. What's the diff - length of main shaft?

Learn something new every day - I love this site!

Yup, length of shaft! >

Oops! I bought a console car and was going to use the steering column from it in my column shift equipped but race car shifter equipped fish. The console shift donor car has power steering and my fish does not. So, can I mix parts to get the right length or am I screwed as far as using that column?

Sorry about the threadjack and nice looking fish.

Nice work bro going to book mark you ur page PS whoo built your drive shaft ????? I can use one of those looks like a billet type yr running a 7260 with a 30 spline up front same as a 383 69 dart ???... Mopar dude

oh hey! sry didnt see this. I am using my factory driveshaft. 318/904 for a 68 cuda..i just had it checked by my local driveline shop, and rebalanced. .Im pretty sure I have 7260 u-joints front and back...from what i remember..

James that is one sweet Barracuda. Cant wait to see that mean machine on one of our Abody cruise.

thanks. It's nice, except for all the rust! LOL.....hmmm....more on that later.. lol

whens the next cruise? I'm up and running....barely...LOL

well, the suspension has been done for a couple years now. been driving it on the road for a year, roughly 2500 miles. no problems, everything works great, handles terrific, nice and stiff. brakes work good as well. the next major thing i need to do is add subframe connectors, im sure that will help out even more.

...but i still dream of installing the RMS Alterkation one day...lol

I, too, will be doing something similar, but on a 66' Barracuda. Looking for a Rear End just like the one you were lucky to find!

-
Back