68 dart dash pad install

-

johns68dart

Longtime Mopar Fan
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I got a really nice dash pad from a gentleman in PA. I repainted it black with the special paint from HERBS and it looks great. Anyway, before I tear into this dash, any tips on easy removal and replacement of the new dash pad? It looks like I have to take half the dash and gauges out to get to these screws. Any help would be appreciated. John......

I did it. I would remove the instrument cluster the heater/ac bezel and the glove box door and glove box. From those three access holes you can get to the nuts on the back.

I did it. I would remove the instrument cluster the heater/ac bezel and the glove box door and glove box. From those three access holes you can get to the nuts on the back.
Don't forget the two 5/16 screws on the lower corners at each end of the dash too.

Thanks Eric. I live right down the street in Jersey Village. Small world. I almost bought a fiberglass hood scoop from a guy in Tomball a few weeks ago that I found on Craigs... maybe we can hook up some time and talk Mopars. Do you ever go to that car show on Spring Cypress Rd.? John...

this

Don't forget the two 5/16 screws on the lower corners at each end of the dash too.
and this. My replacement pad didn't have these- if I didn't already know the old one had them, could have been pretty tricky getting it out.

Also, my old one was so bad that I didn't mind bending the crap out of it taking it out- and that actually made it easier.

Thanks Eric. I live right down the street in Jersey Village. Small world. I almost bought a fiberglass hood scoop from a guy in Tomball a few weeks ago that I found on Craigs... maybe we can hook up some time and talk Mopars. Do you ever go to that car show on Spring Cypress Rd.? John...
Just about every weekend it is open. Spring Cypress at Champion Forest. I will have the white car there on opening weekend. Then my Dart by the end of April.

A ¼” drive socket with six inch flexible extension (it looks like a spring), will make reaching those end nuts much easier to access.

Like A ¼” drive socket with six inch flexible extension (it looks like a spring see below), will make reaching those end nuts much easier to access.

Like this:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-flex...4336000P&pageInd=product&i_cntr=1328866253427

Great advice, you beat me to it!
Either use this tool or be prepared to swear a lot.

-
Back