68 dart. how does the front turn signal parking lens get ground??

-

JeepJimmy

Reaction score
i see a tab on the housing but i dont have any kind of wiring to it?? any pics? ideas?

Most all electrical on these cars is chassis grounded through the mounting hardware. If the fixture is isolated in all plastic it would need a ground wire.

Can I ask you a question JeepJimmy? When you turn your head lights on, do your parking lights go out. Mine do, but I think the previous owners rewired some things in the fuse box and head light switch. Lots of burnt up spots in the fuse box. I think my 69 parking lights stayed on when the headlights were on and I would think the 68 would be wired the same. I didn't notice where the lights got their ground when I was working on them. Thanks.

In 68, the parking lights went out when the headlights came on. In 69 they stayed on.

In 68, the parking lights went out when the headlights came on. In 69 they stayed on.

Yup, thats another one of those 1 year only differences. 68 was the first year for the lighting group that included fender mounted lights. With that option they left the bulbs out of the direction indicaters in the instrument panel.

well i see a Tab on the parking light housing is that for some kind of ground wire??? because that eyelet is grounded to the radiator support and the parking lights still dotn work,unless i run a jumper from the parking light housings to a ground.. any idea's thanks!

I think maybe that is where you put you ground wire on. If the lights work when you ground to that tab, I'd use that tab and go to a good known ground from the tab.

'68 Darts have a separate wire for each side that hooks to the 'tab' you see on the housing and that wire runs back to a bolt in the radiator support.
The wires normally have a push clip on one end and a looped end on the other.
They bolt to the core support and use a bolt that is the exact same diameter and appearance as the ones that hold the grille support tabs to the radiator support. The correct hole is in fact located near a grille support tab on each side.

Mark.

well that makes sense. they were missing when i got the car. thank you!

-
Back