68 Fastback

-

harrytoes

Reaction score
Made it to the Body Shop to check out the progress. It is going on eight months in the shop. That's a frame jig to help straighten out the rear end. It was hit a few times in the rear quaters. This car has been in my family since it was purchased new and I can't wait to put ot back together. I have been out the country while most of the work was being done so it is nice to see they are doing a good job. He is saying that it willl be painted by the end of August. I am not holding my breath.

BodyShopaugust1.JPG

BodyShopAugust2.JPG

BodyShopAugust3.JPG

Don't fret. It's taken three months for my son to finish the body work on my Swinger. He has also threatened to have it painted by the end of August, (they say patience is a virture). It's now at the blasters having the engine compartment preped. Good luck.

Have you picked a color yet?

I am going for TT1 (med metalic green). It is the original color. I used to hate it, but i think it will look nice now.

Lookin' good! I can't wait until I can get my fastback running, because shortly thereafter she's goin' to the body shop too!

Good thing they are taking their time, it will allow all of that body filler to do all the shrinking that it wants. The alternative is to get it into BC/CC so fast that when all the shrink back happens it makes the paint job look like crap i.e. looks great the first week, but after a summer in the sun ehhhhh, not so good.

Eugene eh! The car is down in Creswell getting the body work done. ?I used to live in Cottage Grove but just moved to San Diego.

Sometimes they tell you that to keep you quiet but most of the time we know better. LOL! Painters always put the older cars on the back burner because it takes so much work to get them right. They like the newer car repairs where they get the money faster. There proably has been some newer cars in and out of the paint booth in front of yours....right?

I know I have to be patient but looking at all the projects that people post here I just want to work on my car. I was originally going to do the body work my self but decided to let a professional handle it. It doesn't help that I moved away from where it is being worked on and I am a thousand miles away from the car.

I agree, Let then take there time so that filler shrinks. It can take a few months really. It may be just a think coat but its still a good amount.

Looking good though:supz:

Oh my Gawd! I'm having a flashback!
Barracuda077-vi.jpg

Hang in there.... although mine only sat in the bodyshop for a bit less than 4 months, it's been almost 9 years going together.

Don't rush it now. [-X

Barracuda077-vi.jpg

Barracuda077-vi.jpg

-
Back