-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 40%
2   3   0
Contact seller
I am dragging home a car from Minnesota to San Diego this weekend. It came with a parts car 1968 notch back (no motor, no trans, no windshield, no interior for sure) . The guy I bought it from cut it up in three sections to preserve the front frames forward with cowl, rear frames with trunk pan and quarters, and what ever is left in the middle with the roof also removed but saved.

It had a disk brake conversion from possibly a later model A body. All parts for sale. If you live between Minnesota and San Diego I could deliver or meet you on the road.

If it helps you it helps me, can lighten the load. Car was there to be a good metal donor car. I already have a donor in San Diego so I don't need this extra load of parts.....

If interested PM me. Taking a red eye and will be picking up and driving starting tomorrow (Thursday July 12). Leave a phone number if interested and I will call you back. Will not be checking mail until 11:AM ish Thursday EAstern time.

My purchase comes with many other spare hoods, parts, etc. I won't know until I get there what I have but for sure is the 68 notchback that is all cut up now......Not sure what I am getting in to but had to recover this car for a once in a life time project.

Heading due south to avoid the mountains......hauling a 28 foot enclosed trailor with 1.5 cars and a crap load of parts. Think I will making a right onto route 40 around Albuquerque....

Mike, if the mouldings are there they are yours......

Will call when I know. Sitting in the airport in Minneapolis, next leg grand forks, ND.....then border of Canada where I pick up my next, next project.....which of course follows the project already in the garage.....

Here is what I have - Can Deliver 1) Front section of 68 coupe cut through floor boards just behind front frame rails...minor rust (in primer). Has disk brake suspension attached....inner fender walls, radiator cross frame, and firewall intact - 2) Rear section of same car with minor rust trunk frames and outer fender walls, 3) Dart trunk pan and frames 4) 2 - 68 hoods with louvers (lots of those around) - nice shape 5) 1 69 Hood 6) 2 - 68 coupe trunk lids (trim is pretty beat up but lids are very nice) 7) pair of 67/68 aluminum surrounds - bigger pieces, maybe one headlight bucket 8) some tail lights for a 68 that looked very nice 9) lots of 69 guages and some decent cluster pieces (most are cracked).......

Currently driving out of North Dakota, going to take route 90 through Denver then down to 40 near Albuquerque NM to head to SoCal via route 40......so, if you needed any of the heavy metal let me know.....could use the gas money :newb:

Here is what I have - Can Deliver 1) Front section of 68 coupe cut through floor boards just behind front frame rails...minor rust (in primer). Has disk brake suspension attached....inner fender walls, radiator cross frame, and firewall intact - 2) Rear section of same car with minor rust trunk frames and outer fender walls, 3) Dart trunk pan and frames 4) 2 - 68 hoods with louvers (lots of those around) - nice shape 5) 1 69 Hood 6) 2 - 68 coupe trunk lids (trim is pretty beat up but lids are very nice) 7) pair of 67/68 aluminum surrounds - bigger pieces, maybe one headlight bucket 8) some tail lights for a 68 that looked very nice 9) lots of 69 guages and some decent cluster pieces (most are cracked).......

Currently driving out of North Dakota, going to take route 90 through Denver then down to 40 near Albuquerque NM to head to SoCal via route 40......so, if you needed any of the heavy metal let me know.....could use the gas money :newb:

too bad Houstons so far away. I really need the rear section. my dutchman and trunk rails are gone.

Mike,

Thought I PM'd you....no chrome at all......

Dare Devil.....If Amtrak goes your way I can ship it to you for probably 75$ in freight fee.....thinking the dutch panel is there all the way to the tail lights. lower quarters are missing though....pan and rails are there

Made it as fas as Western Nebraska......parking it for the night...

Everyone else's projects must be complete......

There are some 68 grill pieces, 68 tail lights, full suspension,

I stopped in Denver and stored all the stuff as I have a meeting in LA on Monday so if anyone has time to think about any of this junk let me know. Will fly out in about two weeks to hook up the trailer and bring it back through Albuquerque and into SoCal....

All these spare parts are going to the scrap yard in about a month.....my garage is not big enough to store this rusty gold......was hoping someone needed the full unibody front system from the radiator core support to the firewall....that will hurt to throw away....

Mike,

Thought I PM'd you....no chrome at all......

Dare Devil.....If Amtrak goes your way I can ship it to you for probably 75$ in freight fee.....thinking the dutch panel is there all the way to the tail lights. lower quarters are missing though....pan and rails are there

Made it as fas as Western Nebraska......parking it for the night...

What would you need total?. If trunk rail and dutchman are solid this sounds like it could work. Must be solid though.You can pm if you prefer.

Well, finally got some bites on the Barracuda bait! PM'd everyone back. I am going to finish the drive back to SoCal on July 26th and flying back to Co Springs to load back up. At least that is the plan....I will take pictures and send them out to everyone as requested when there.....

Well, finally got some bites on the Barracuda bait! PM'd everyone back. I am going to finish the drive back to SoCal on July 26th and flying back to Co Springs to load back up. At least that is the plan....I will take pictures and send them out to everyone as requested when there.....

what are you wanting for the 69 barracuda tail lights? are they in perfect shape or? thanks, bob

How are the lower rear quarters? I could use both sides for rust repair, and the entire right taillight area for collision repair (at least 12 inches forward from the back edge). I would consider the trunk pan if it's hole-free.

Thanks

if i read right and you have a disc brake set-up then im all ears ......we are located near Pueblo ......half hour south of Colorado Springs off I -25 and i can send someone to springs.

OK,

So I am planning on flying into the springs on Thursday and driving this project the rest of the way home to San Diego.....I will take pictures of the parts requested and send out from Colorado Springs. Here is what I recall.....FamousBob, someone has asked about the 68 tail lights, (I will send pics to him and then get back to you as next in line), Deck lid, is that the trunk lid??? I think there are two 68 trunk lids, same thing? let me know.....believe the lower quarters were already cut out but if I remember from loading all this stuff the tail light infrastructure was in good shape and can be cut and provided.......trunk pan was stored many years ago in doors and might be what you are looking for......

Pueblo is on my way to San Diego. The whole front end is attached to the rust free unibody which will be sitting upside down in the pickup truck. If you are fast and we can break that down we can disassemble and I can resume my trip home! PM me some phone numbers so I can create a rolodex. I hope to be back in SoCal late Saturday night and then can get some pieces cut up and sent out.

BTW, fenders on the parts car were really absolutely toast....

Andy

To whom it may concern......I just sent out a bunch of PM's to those who were interested in parts.....I am flying out tonight to continue the journey home with my project and spare parts......keep in mind, anyone looking for pretty good Barracuda sheet metal - a full 1968 front unibody back to the frame rails that is available, think I have 2 68 coupe trunk lids, 2 67/68 louvered hoods, rear floor and rails from a dart, two after market 69 convertible quarter panels (new/unused)

Will be in Colorado Springs through about 2:pM tomorrow then heading south on 25 past Pueblo to hook up with route 40 in Albuequerque the heading towards SoCal.....

Lots of small parts that I will sort out and get rid of once I get the trailer etc back home and have a beer.....

PM me with phone number and I will call back from the mobile junk yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back