-
Status
Not open for further replies.

67GTConvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I brought this Valiant home a couple months ago to save it from being parted and crushed but I have three other cars that need work before I can get to it so I thought I'd put it on here and see if there's anyone looking for a project car.

It's a Signet (high line) model 2dr post with a factory V8 so it was a unique and pretty deluxe Valiant back in the day.It was originally FF1 light green metallic with a black vinyl roof and a dark green interior which would have been a good looking combo but it's been repainted twice and most recently back to something close to the original color but it's faded and chalked badly and had some amateur bodywork attempted as you can see.The vinyl roof is still decent but has a few splits down low but would be ok for a driver.I have the Signet rocker and trunk trim and they're in useable condition.

Rust wise,it's very saveable.Inner fenders are good,interior floors are all there although there is one soft spot near the drivers seatbelt mount.The front framerails and torsion bar mounts are really solid and rear wheelhouses are still good.
The back three feet of the car will need some work.The bottom 6" of each quarter panel behind the wheels will need patches and both extensions and the rear spring mount area on the drivers side will need some rust repair as well.The bottom of the spare tire well will need replacement as most of them do.

Mechanically,the car has less than 100k as it was parked around 1980 and has'nt been on the road since so it's probably not all worn out.Steering feels tight and it still has brake fluid and even stops with the pedal.

The numbers on the motor indicate that it is a 68 273 so it very likely it's original engine and it appears to be complete and stock.
A previous owner did some motor work as the heads have been off and cleaned but it won't run as it has 4 cylinders with 60 lbs or less of compression.I put some oil down the cylinders and retested but that did'nt really help compression so I suspect he pulled the valves out of the head then put them back in different cylinders and did'nt seat them.My next step would be to pull the heads for a valve grind and new valves to get it running or probably just upgrade to later unleaded heads.

Since it's not running I can't tell you if the trans or rearend are good but the trans fluid looks clean and the 7 1/4 rear feels tight so they're probably useable.

The interior looked to be complete and decent when the car was parked but some rodents got into it at one point and made a smelly mess.I had to toss the still nice factory carpets because of the smell and they chewed into the headliner and wrecked that as well.The seats need recovering but the material is all there for patterns.The dash pad and side pieces are perfect as is the steering wheel although it's missing the horn button.Door panels and sunvisors are still usable and all windows still roll up and down easily.

It's automatic with manual 10" drum brakes all around,no sway bar or sure grip.It has 14" wheels with ancient recapped bias plies,perfect for smoke shows or starting a bonfire.

The car is located in Victoria B.C. Canada and I have the BC title from 1980 that I should be able to get transferred into my name if someone is interested in the car.I'm asking $750 and I would prefer to sell the car complete.

Attachments

• DSCF0013 (Medium).JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,090
  • DSCF0018 (Medium).JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,059
  • DSCF0020 (Medium).JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,082
  • DSCF0023 (Medium).JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • DSCF0007 (Medium).JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,064
  • DSCF0001 (Medium).JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • DSCF0029 (Medium).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,068
  • DSCF0030 (Medium).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,079
Cool car Greg, where did you find that one?

It's been in Victoria since new but off the road and under cover since about 1980 so pretty much hidden for the last 30+ years.

I bought it off UsedVic from a local tow truck guy who had it for awhile but did'nt do anything with it.He bought it off the guy that who had it for years and started to fix it up but never finished.

nobody has bought this car yet? Yowza... $650 gets you a free bump from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back