69 340 swinger

-

tet68

Reaction score
bought today fenderwells mia but really solid car 4 speed conversion started 340 in car radiator and trunk gutter #right with vin think original color b 5blue
DSCN0202.JPG
DSCN0210.JPG

disassembly has begun ffront clip and doors off interior stripped tranny out think some idiot was doing a 3speed swap which I may continue on with seeing I think I got all the stuff car has minimal rust so 3500 hunnert for a real 69 340 swinger is a good day 69 340 runs hasgreat compression about140 on all8
DSCN0228.JPG
DSCN0231.JPG

bout ready to go inside waiting on tires have a vacency
DSCN0244.JPG
DSCN0235.JPG

ordered inner fenders and drivers side floor pan already had a drivers side lower quarter thats all that needs repla
DSCN0202.JPG
ced sheet metal wise

had buildsheet behind rear seat back but not readable

had buildsheet behind rear seat back but not readable
all funk removed underside floors engine compartment waiting on my metal crimper to start fixing the rust outwill be robbing the pristine parts off this 67 pristine dart that was being cloned as a 69 340 swinger
DSCN0251.JPG

The three speed may have been stock. I think Three Speed was standard, 4 speed was an option for additional$$$. May wanna look into it if you are going "numbers correct".

The three speed may have been stock. I think Three Speed was standard, 4 speed was an option for additional$$$. May wanna look into it if you are going "numbers correct".
in the lm23p cars 69 340 swingers only 2 transmission choices 833 4 speed or 727 automatic no difference in cost only engine in these cars 340 bench seat only no buckets very limited options

body patch panel welded in waiting on inner fender to cowl braces
DSCN0305.JPG
DSCN0302.JPG

things are getting brighter rest of par
DSCN0318.JPG
DSCN0319.JPG
DSCN0320.JPG
ts tomorrow

get these welded in and engine compartment painted be putting this swinger back togeather
DSCN0271.JPG
DSCN0326.JPG

Are you painting the car in the bay that it is sitting in the pics? if so, what are you doing to keep dirt and dust down when you spray the body. I have a similar garage situation and want to shoot paint on my car, I was thinking of building a plastic tent over the car, but if I can get away with it, I will skip the tent thing.

Are you painting the car in the bay that it is sitting in the pics? if so, what are you doing to keep dirt and dust down when you spray the body. I have a similar garage situation and want to shoot paint on my car, I was thinking of building a plastic tent over the car, but if I can get away with it, I will skip the tent thing.
blow the dirt away with air and sweep wet the floor a couple hours before painting this like a 200 dollar paint job so probably wont be the best

hey I've seen some pretty sharp cars with driveway rattle can paint on them. Lots and lots of sanding, but it can look great.

Keep the momentum going!

hey I've seen some pretty sharp cars with driveway rattle can paint on them. Lots and lots of sanding, but it can look great.

Keep the momentum going!
the 340 4 speed 8 3/4 3.91 suregrip is where its at paints
DSCN0273.JPG
optional

a little more trunk torsion springs and trunk lid installed
DSCN0332.JPG
DSCN0333.JPG

-
Back