69 A-body radiator

-

440 Mike

Reaction score
Two questions - Is there any difference between the 69 A-body small block radiator (2949066) and the big block version (2949065) like hose location?

Can anyone recommend molded upper and lower hoses for the big block radiator?

065 is heavily sought after (Me Included). I have a new 033 (68) but want a 065.

If you need a SB radiator please let me take the 065 off your hands!

Outlet and inlet are different from small block.

383/440 with 065 radiator
Goodyear 60662 upper
Goodyear 60659 lower

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I'm needing an 065 myself.

Glad I got the new 033 before Glen Ray stopped making them. Short of the part number they are the same.

Glad I got the new 033 before Glen Ray stopped making them. Short of the part number they are the same.
Hi, I have a 065 radiator in good condition, I need a 033 for my 68 cuda. Willing to trade towards the 033 you have ? Mitch *** ***-xxxx (phone number removed by staff)

The rads are not the same, the lower hose connection is slightly different in the 065 for use in the 383-440 cars (has to clear the oil filter)...you will see this if you try and install the 066 in place of the 065...you can make either work if need be. I have tested this I have both rads.

Hi, I have a 065 radiator in good condition, I need a 033 for my 68 cuda. Willing to trade towards the 033 you have ? Mitch *** ***-xxxx (phone number removed by staff)

Send me a private Conversation. If you have a repairable 065 I am intrested!

Hi, I have a 065 radiator in good condition, I need a 033 for my 68 cuda. Willing to trade towards the 033 you have ? Mitch *** ***-xxxx (phone number removed by staff)[/QUOTE

Sent you a PM!

What a bummer! That 065 looks recoreable but has been modded. Apparently some folks “ not the prospected seller” think they can get better cooling by moving the inlet to the right side. I am not sure I subscribe to that method as, if the flow is high enough, the whole radiator upper side is going to be flooded and all the tubes are going to get coolant all across the core. I hit my 033 with a laser gun and the temps were consistent across the core from side to side and lowered towards the bottom. Thanks MM for giving me an insight as to why!

Upgrade the pump and use a high flow T-Stat and it is not an issue. The mod may seem smart as to crossflow the coolant better but there are cheaper ways to achieve this. It may not be the case with this mod and perhaps the original inlet was ripped loose. Hope the owner finds his 033 and I will keep searching for a coreable 065.

Last edited:
-
Back