69 Barracuda Horn button missing.

-

CaptRob

Reaction score
My Barracuda currently has an aftermarket dash mounted horn. This must go the way of the Dodo. I recently replaced the aftermarket 13.5" steering wheel with a 15" model (also aftermarket) but alas, no horn on the steering column (non tilt). WHAT parts do I need to get the horn button back onto the steering wheel where it belongs? You guys are awesome, and I know you can answer my questions faster than I could research them myself. If you need anymore details, I'll get back with you asap.

Usually an aftermarket steering wheel with have the horn assembly included, and all you have to do is connect the one wire that comes through the column to the horn contact ring! It usually clips on! If by chance someone has pulled the wire back through the cumin to use the dash mounted button, they almost surely clipped it at the steering column plug! A wiring diagram should spell out the color of the wire to look for and the location of the wire in the column plug! Geof

Horn wire is the only black wire in the column wiring. It's hot from the relay too so any contact to chassis ground blows the horn.
To answer you question... Horn buttons are specific to the wheel. The only part that is mounted in the column is a spring loaded post with roller on top.

OK, thanks for the heads up, cosgig & Redfish, looks like I'll be contacting the steering wheel manufacturer and find out which one I need. And yes, the wire was pulled from the column and snipped. No worries though, will be dropping the dash and column next to clean them up and get them ready for some new paint.

-
Back