69 barracuda with the only A279 hemi that exist.

-

bluetrane

Reaction score
Went to the rod run in Pigeon Forge last weekend and say this. This car might be the "Holy Grail" of all mopars. posted some pics of it's story.

Attachments

• DSCF8470.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 588
  • DSCF8394.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCF8397.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF8398.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF8395.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 542
  • DSCF8396.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 657
  • DSCF8393.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCF8468.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 497
  • DSCF8469.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 467
check out those heads!

Attachments

• DSCF8639.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCF8638.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCF8637.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCF8636.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF8635.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 429
  • DSCF8401.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 431
  • DSCF8400.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 422
  • DSCF8399.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 432
That car was the subject of a magazine article back in the 70's, and the title of the piece was Hoovers Mover. It showed how Tom Hoover built a strong, low buck 360 by using .020 over 340 pistons and a little machine work. Car ran low 11's with that motor. Arruza found and built that ball stud hemi. As nice as the rest of the car looks, you would have thought he would have done something besides stand back about 20 feet and THROW the wiring harness under the hood! :banghead:

the wiring was definetly a little "messy", but I was too busy checking out the motor to really notice it too much. lol. that car has been around the block a few times, for sure, but it has been taken care of pretty good considering what it was

there were a ton of killer cars over the weekend, but I kept coming back to this one to check it out a little more.

Curious if BB-Dave has this hot notch in his M-Code registry. That shot of the fender tag was not able to be read. Perhaps the OP has a higher resolution shot that can be zoomed in on.

I love this car...nuff said.

he talks about it in his presentation, very excitable! and he says there were 2

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdeRQDVwhMs"]SS And AFX Ramchargers Presentation MATS 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Love this 'Cuda !.... Totally forgot about it. Sweet car.

Curious if BB-Dave has this hot notch in his M-Code registry. That shot of the fender tag was not able to be read. Perhaps the OP has a higher resolution shot that can be zoomed in on.

I love this car...nuff said.

Yes it's in the registry back when Tom Hoover owned it.

Mine still has less mileage....6700 vs 8500 on the blue one!! LOL

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda 020 @50%.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 305
Saw and heard the blue one at Carlisle years ago. The other ball stud hemi was on ebay a year or 2 after i saw the car at Carlisle. Motor was like $17k

I could be wrong but wasn't the ball stud Hemi a planned engine for across the board passenger cars to replace the expensive to build double rocker arms of the 426. Similar to a BB chevy design with canted valves. I believe I read something like that decades ago. Sorry if it is mentioned in the pictured literature already I couldn't make it out on my screen. One of them designed to late to be needed for production type motors if I recall. From the fuel embargo days.

I could be wrong but wasn't the ball stud Hemi a planned engine for across the board passenger cars to replace the expensive to build double rocker arms of the 426. Similar to a BB chevy design with canted valves. I believe I read something like that decades ago. Sorry if it is mentioned in the pictured literature already I couldn't make it out on my screen. One of them designed to late to be needed for production type motors if I recall. From the fuel embargo days.

Nobody seems to be interested in the vid i took where Tom hoover goes in depth on what happened...

cool vid 805 moparkid. i'll watch it all later on. thanks for sharing.
so they're more than one os these ball stud hemi's? awesome. I thought their was only one that survived

-
Back