69 Cuda 440

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
I like your posts. And we probably bumped into each other in our younger years. I find these facts interesting.

But one thing is for sure. I would never go up against the 62-64 Mopar 'Street' Super Stockers for fear of being smoked. Which I was.

Keep them coming. I can't remember. Did you do one against the 68 383 GTS 4sp against the Chevelle 396 4sp? I lived that one. I beat that car repeatedly. As I did with my 71 Challenger 340(to my amazement..must have been that TQ) and 70 Dart Swinger 340. And I won't mention the hurt I put on it with my 69 383 RR 4sp.

Don't get me wrong. My *** was handed to me many times. My 68 GTS 4sp spanked a 69 428CJ Mustang 4sp. Either it wasn't running good or the guy, a co-worker no less, couldn't drive. Boy was he pissed.
But those pesky 2nd gen Nova's.....
Back then you never knew what was under the other guys hood. Generally all you had to do to the Mopars was slap on headers, shift kit(if auto) and a set of 3.91s and you had it made. Just seemed you had to do a whole lot more on the Chevy engines to make them equal. Well..almost equal.
Anyway..keep 'em coming. I enjoy your 'match races'.

Post removed.....too much like a hijack.:smile: I'll revisit it if need be in more appropriate thread.

And yes, thanks 69 cuda 440! You're threads are always fun. :thumleft:

-
Back