'69 Cuda front grille finishes

-

RealWing

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What are the "correct" colors of the finish on:
1. the egg crate sections ( Gloss black, Semi gloss, satin?)
2. The plastic surround (Gloss black, semi gloss, satin?)

Thx
Jim

Attachments

• grille.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 160
Depends if it's base model, formula s or cuda model

'Cuda and Formula "S" are black housings and Black Center Crates with a Natural finish on the leading edges. Satin Black a tad on the flat side. Some like to spray the Crates from behind but I found the best way was from both sides for coverage and then fine emery cloth on a block to clean the leading edges.

Standard Barracuda were argent silver housings and crates.

Here is a set of super nice, give your right arm for set of 'Cuda/S grilles for reference! Edited this post 5 times cause every time I see them I get all sideways and can't think straight!

Photos of NOS 'Cuda / "S" grilles courtesy of BB-DAVE.

Attachments

• '69%20M-code%20'cuda%20grills%20003%20@50%25.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 209
How mine came out.

The black plastic housings are black through and through on the originals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 145
'Cuda and Formula "S" are black housings and Black Center Crates with a Natural finish on the leading edges. Satin Black a tad on the flat side. Some like to spray the Crates from behind but I found the best way was from both sides for coverage and then fine emery cloth on a block to clean the leading edges.

Standard Barracuda were argent silver housings and crates.

Here is a set of super nice, give your right arm for set of 'Cuda/S grilles for reference! Edited this post 5 times cause every time I see them I get all sideways and can't think straight!

Photos of NOS 'Cuda / "S" grilles courtesy of BB-DAVE.

Thanks Gerald. I was going to just spray from the back - but your idea sounds better.
Why did you have to post that photo of the grilles???? I'm still drooling all over my keyboardO:)O:)O:)
Jim

Thanks Gerald. I was going to just spray from the back - but your idea sounds better.
Why did you have to post that photo of the grilles???? I'm still drooling all over my keyboardO:)O:)O:)
Jim

Good luck with it!

Those grilles BB-Dave has are awesome!!! Get week kneened every time I look at the pics?

Thankfully we have an original set to base our work from! I and BB-Dave have more pics from the backside as well.

Good luck with it!

Those grilles BB-Dave has are awesome!!! Get week kneened every time I look at the pics?

Thankfully we have an original set to base our work from! I and BB-Dave have more pics from the backside as well.
Painted the first egg crate section yesterday. Shooting from both sides works better

How mine came out.

The black plastic housings are black through and through on the originals.
What do you mean through & through ? The ones on my 69 formula S were painted black from factory. The head light grill rings were silver.

What do you mean through & through ? The ones on my 69 formula S were painted black from factory. The head light grill rings were silver.

The original "S" and 'Cuda grille Plastic is tinted black. Picture of NOS piece should explain. Compliments of BB-Dave.

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

'69%20M-code%20'cuda%20grills%20003%20@50%25.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back