69 cuda headliner

-

69fastbackfish

Reaction score
Im having my headliner put in soon, the glass is out of car. I was wondering if there is any trim on the inside of the car that covers the edges of the headliner, or does it tuck under the window rubber? And for the sides i have the little clips that hold it, but what covers the clips? Its a fastback car. Any pictures would help. I just want to make sure i have everything for when its time so i dont waste no one elses time. thanks for the help

At the front and rear the triangular teeth stamped in the body hold the fabric and the rubber gasket covers it all. Along the sides should be a metal trim. The fancy clips are made to sit over the pinch weld holding the fabic and hold that metal trim in place also.

ok i got that now i need to know which trim pieces they are any pictures would help thanks so much have a great day

I could go out and take pics of that trim in a notch back. Never owned a fast back. Bump for you though. Good luck

Here is a picture of the trim along the side of the headliner from my 69 383-s fastback.
Hope this helps,
Rod

Attachments

• headliner.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 248
I ended up having a professional come and do my headliner at my home. The complex curves and the steam machine he had along with the professional glue and the experience were priceless.
If you go to my website, http://robs68barracuda.com/ click the link to Restoring Pt.2, I have a couple of pictures there of my headliner being installed.
There are little metal clips that help stretch the side of the headliner and hold it in place until you get the trim on. You can pick these up (I got mine on ebay) pretty cheap. The front and rear as well as the sides are glued into place. Good luck!

Headliner2.jpg

-
Back