69 Cuda resto

-
got the wire covers in today, cleaned out the inside and scuffed up the existing paint/coating and did some more seam sealing to get ready for some paint.

We couldn't find one of the short wire covers so I went ahead and made one. It's pretty amazing how much more confident I am now when it comes to making parts. Last year it would've taken me hours to make this. Today.......45 minutes

View attachment DSC01485.jpg

View attachment DSC01486.jpg

View attachment DSC01487.jpg

View attachment DSC01488.jpg

View attachment DSC01489.jpg

View attachment DSC01490.jpg

View attachment DSC01491.jpg

View attachment DSC01492.jpg

View attachment DSC01493.jpg

View attachment DSC01494.jpg

Still a lot to do but in a sense the car is "done". All major body parts are welded on and we know the bolt on parts are gonna fit. It's a frickin miracle we made it this far.

Grilles are looking good, AF. I'm actually working on mine this week (one at a time). So far, I've gotten them clean, de-rusted and painted the park lamp bracket, straightened out the bent parts of the honeycomb, and spent at least one and a half hours staring at the adhesives wall at Home Depot.

Grilles are looking good, AF. I'm actually working on mine this week (one at a time). So far, I've gotten them clean, de-rusted and painted the park lamp bracket, straightened out the bent parts of the honeycomb, and spent at least one and a half hours staring at the adhesives wall at Home Depot.

thanks and good luck with yours. I spent hours and hours on them.

Hope it goes well!!!

B7 can look really nice..

ok, just got back from a short deployment. We found the correct color paint and got the interior painted. No pics as of yet but I'll get some. Good to be back

ok, so the last few months all I've been doing is flying surge missions and then sleeping on the few days I get home,

Had a whole week off so we got a few things done:

As I mentioned earlier we got the right paint and got the interior painted. We got the wiring harnesses, firewall insulation and under dash pad and carpet. We installed the insulation and mocked up the carpet and steering column with pedals just to ensure fit.

We also got most of the paint stripped.

View attachment DSC01657.jpg

View attachment DSC01658.jpg

View attachment DSC01659.jpg

View attachment DSC01660.jpg

View attachment DSC01661.jpg

View attachment DSC01664.jpg

View attachment DSC01669.jpg

Well, after we painted the interior we went ahead and put Dynomat down and started fitting the carpet. I of course have no pics of that. What I do have though is pics of what we've down the last couple of weeks....

We got the suspension and steering installed and got her on the ground!!! The nice part about it is there wasn't a creak, squeak, moan or groan out of her when we set her down. Then we started bouncing her up and down and, again, not a sound to be heard. That was a good feeling

Tomorrow my dad's gonna go talk to a local frame shop and see if we can get her in there. All that's left is some body filler, paint and the engine!!!

View attachment DSC01889.jpg

View attachment DSC01890.jpg

View attachment DSC01891.jpg

View attachment DSC01892.jpg

View attachment DSC01893.jpg

View attachment DSC01894.jpg

View attachment DSC01895.jpg

View attachment DSC01897.jpg

View attachment DSC01898.jpg

View attachment DSC01899.jpg

Nice work,Bill... Didn't know you were still posting,good to see progress.

Got her primered and painted the engine well and door jambs so we can put in the interior and the engine. There are a few spots on the body that need a little work but for the most part it looks awesome. Now we just have to find someone to paint it

View attachment 1714849100

View attachment 1714849101

View attachment 1714849102

View attachment 1714849103

View attachment 1714849104

View attachment 1714849105
Yo, this is CAWLEY Shame your so far away I would paint it for ya. I just painted my 69. Looks like you have done a really good job on it. Good luck keep us posted

You have came this far, might as well paint it now.
Unless you can't, garage attached to the house etc.

Thanks all for the compliments. We don't want to paint it because we don't want to screw it up. Considering what we have done and didn't think we could maybe we should go ahead and try to paint it. If it looks like crap then we'll take it some where.

Don't be afraid to try to paint it yourself. Dirt, runs & orange peel can be sanded out. As long as there is enough coats of clear.

do we need a special gun to do the clear? We're doing this in our garage. Can we get a decent paint job in a garage?

do we need a special gun to do the clear? We're doing this in our garage. Can we get a decent paint job in a garage?

No, you can use the same gun for base & clear. Just make sure you clean it good in between the base & clear. Clean clean clean Clean the car really good & clean the area you are going to paint in really good. Use as much lighting as possible & finally exhaust the paint fumes & over spray.

we may give it a try, we have the paint, just need the clear. If it looks like crap then we take it to someone. What the hell, we've done everything else to this point.

we may give it a try, we have the paint, just need the clear. If it looks like crap then we take it to someone. What the hell, we've done everything else to this point.

There you go ! That's what I like to hear.

I havent checked in for a while. You've made amazing progress and quality work!
Keep it up. Looking fwd to paint pics.

RUBBED IT W/ ALUM. FOIL ? never heard that , splain it to me ,please!----bob:coffee2:
Lol same here

My dad saw on the show "American Restoration" to rub tarnished and pitted chrome with a piece of balled up alluminum foil. It took all the small dark pits out. The bigger ones, probably from rocks, didn't come out but the small dark ones did.

Thanks for the tip..have to try that myself.
Again great work!

-
Back