'69 Dart Custom Trim Holes

-

DocHolliday1995

Reaction score
Has anyone ever plugged the trim holes on a dart custom? If there wasn't a body line running through the holes it would be easy, but unfortunately there is. My car needs new front fenders and door skins, but the quarters are straight so I need to fill the holes. Any advise is appreciated, thanks guys.

I'm dealing with the exact same issue except I have the doors and fenders to deal with also. I think i'm going to have the filled in and if it doesn't come out good I'll put a stripe down the side to cover the holes / bodywork.

Last edited:
I'm dealing with the exact same issue except I have the doors and fenders to deal with also. I think i'm going to have the filled in and if it doesn't come out good I'll put a stripe down the side to cover the holes / bodywork.
Please let me know how that goes! I'm going to try a few different methods, I'll let you know what I come up with.

I have! We welded up the holes using a thick piece of copper on back of the hole so it would be flush insdie the body. Next, ground down the weld almost flush with qp, then hit it with a hand file until flush being very careful to not alter body line. Then did a light coat of body filler and blocked it out until it looked perfect. Just take your time doing it and hit the welds lightly with the grinder until close to flush.

-
Back