69 Dart GT disk conversion question

-

mpd12150

Reaction score
I have a 1969 Dart GT that I am using the disk brake set up form a 73 Duster and adding QA1 upper control arms. The question I have and am hoping someone has done on here....

I am curious if there is a Wilwood caliper that will work without using their set up. I see they offer a "universal" caliper but do not say what it will work on. Has anyone ever used a Wilwood caliper with factory Mopar mounts from a 73 duster?? IF so...would anyone have a part number I can use? Additionally, this will be a non power set up with drum brakes in the rear.

I have contacted Jegs and they are hit and miss as to what they know...I get the impression that if it doesn't say it on the computer they don't know. I have solved the issue with a master cylinder issue and have the Wilwood set up with the right proportioning valve...hopefully.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

i have to ask...why don't you want to use mopar callipers?
my first choice would be 73 - 74 e body pin style callipers with 2 3/4" piston.

More then anything, it's just a question.

I have the full set up but was just curious.

I did talk to Wilwood and was able to get them to unwillingly give me the adapter and caliper part numbers to put Wilwood Dynalite universal calipers on factory 73 set up. If anyone would be interested in the part numbers and associated information I would be happy to provide it or put another post up with all of the part numbers to put a Wilwood set up in your car without having to buy an $800 kit. Granted using their kit you get a hub, outboard rotor, caliper setup where using the set up I am describing you would use your factory hub/rotor and they brake and caliper. I also have all the information and part numbers for a master cylinder with a conversion adapter.

-
Back