69 Dart rearend

-

1969cuda340

Reaction score
I’ve got a 69 that I moved the springs in 3 inches and mini tub it if you’ve done this before how wide did you cut the rear axle to?
And size wheels you used offset ?

Yes that’s my plan I was just trying to get a base to get some ideas thanks for the reply

I'm starting from the back and working forward on my build and am curious about the same thing. I've got a 70 Swinger I'm planning to put a Level 3 US Car Tool kit on. That kit looks to be a 3" tub and the springs are moved in board / under the rails. Seeing that Strange has a sale on complete rear ends and free freight right now, I got a little overzealous with my day dreaming and almost spent my entire budget for the year on something that might not have worked at all, haha. Either way, got me thinking about this same question, but for a 70.

How wide a tire can you fit now? Sidewall to sidewall? I'm thinking I may have to radius my wheel wells too.

I'm starting from the back and working forward on my build and am curious about the same thing. I've got a 70 Swinger I'm planning to put a Level 3 US Car Tool kit on. That kit looks to be a 3" tub and the springs are moved in board / under the rails. Seeing that Strange has a sale on complete rear ends and free freight right now, I got a little overzealous with my day dreaming and almost spent my entire budget for the year on something that might not have worked at all, haha. Either way, got me thinking about this same question, but for a 70.

How wide a tire can you fit now? Sidewall to sidewall? I'm thinking I may have to radius my wheel wells too.
I’ll send you some pictures maybe help each other out on this send me a number and I’ll text you thanks

I'm currently mini-tubing my '69 Dart and will be having to research tires/wheels/narrowing in the future.
In all my research a 12" wide tire should fit into the mini-tubs. I have the US Car Tools Level 3 Chassis kit already installed, but I will not be doing the spring relocation kit into the frame. I can't see cutting up my frame for that. So when the time comes I will be custom fabbing mounts for my Gerst triangulated 4 link setup I have waiting to be installed once I'm done with my second tub I just started. Following thread to see tire/wheel setup responses.

-
Back