69 Dodge Dart in Illinois on eBay right now very cheap has aluminum slant 6 in it from 64 Valiant

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
Right now on eBay there is a 69 Dodge Dart with a $1,050 bid so far and no reserve...it's in Illinois and has alum slant from 64 valiant supposedly....hmmm.. looks like it has a super 6 induction also....wish I was closer...

I don't know how to post it I wish I could

Georgia plates, F6 green, wonder if it has a fender tag, didn't see it in the terrible pics! I had a slant six F6 Dart for a bit that was a factory Floral Top car and had black interior with the top replaced with a black top at one point. Highland is down by St. Louis...

Damn!! That's a '69 Custom HT like My old "Thunderbooger", I would grab that & throw the 360, 833, & 8.75 in it, sell the Al-U-minimum Slanty to a fan/restoring one of those!!!

Well, two things. It's not an "all aluminum" slant 6. It seems to be an aluminum block slant 6. Also, it's not a 1964 engine I don't believe, as they were not made that late. I believe it would be a 1962. @slantsixdan can tell us for sure which year(s) they were made. Dan, help us out here!

Roughly 50,000 aluminum-block 225s were factory-installed in cars from the Middle of the '61 model year to early in the '63 model year. They all had iron heads. Somebody must have gone to some effort on this swap, putting in a '66-'67 transmission or having a custom torque converter made to adapt the small-nose pre-'68 crankshaft to the '68-up transmission, or swapping in a '68-up crankshaft, or machining the counterbore in the '67-down crankshaft.

I went back and looked again and believe you're probably right. I didn't see any freeze plugs if they're in the drivers side of an iron block.
No freeze plugs on an aluminum S6. I’ve hade several motors. One of which I rebuilt. Pretty unique motor. The heads are cast iron and unique to the aluminum block. Has todo with the unique water passages. As far as getting parts, it’s a Challange. Hard part was getting a rebuild kit. All that was available at the time was from Kanter. There’s a FABO member that races those motors. I sold him a complete motor years ago.

-
Back