69 hood with side 340 louvers? Scoop?

-

dgully

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of a 69 Dart hood with side louvers with a hood scoop installed? Just curious if its too much going on. Measured air cleaner height and iam sure it will be hitting the hood. Would just go fiberglass hood but damn shipping costs!
Thoughts?
Thank you

Last edited:
I should add that the under side of the hoods been hacked on already....

Anyone have pictures of a 69 hood with side louvers with a hood scoop installed? Just curious if its too much going on. Measured air cleaner height and iam sure it will be hitting the hood. Would just go fiberglass hood but damn shipping costs!
Thoughts?
Thank you

what 69 hood are your referring to? a dart or a barracuda?

Dart.. sorry forgot that part
Anyone have pictures of a 69 Dart hood with side louvers with a hood scoop installed? Just curious if its too much going on. Measured air cleaner height and iam sure it will be hitting the hood. Would just go fiberglass hood but damn shipping costs!
Thoughts?
Thank you

20170227_182844.jpg

20170227_182844.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking too... Well maybe sell the 340 louver inserts and that will pay for the shipping of a new hood....

I've seen a 6 pack scoop on a lump hood. It's very busy. Thought it looked like there was too much going on. Not for me either.

Thoughts?
Thank you
Curious to what you have under the hood that makes it hit the underside?

I just started a thread about this last week. But I was thinking more in the way of a 68/69 Roadrunner air grabber
setup that looks just like the Dart Hood. Just open up the slots and make a fresh air pan like they have.
It would be functional and look trick if it mimmicked the factory RR fresh air setup.

Curious to what you have under the hood that makes it hit the underside?
That's the thing, 340 Edelbrock performer intake and Edelbrock 750 carb.. of course air cleaner... Maybe I'll look into a low profile air cleaner... But just don't like the look of low profile air cleaner

Actually if someone could measure from water pump up to the top of air cleaner would be much appreciated... And would ease my mind....:thankyou:

That's the thing, 340 Edelbrock performer intake and Edelbrock 750 carb.. of course air cleaner... Maybe I'll look into a low profile air cleaner... But just don't like the look of low profile air cleaner
Yes that combination would be pretty darn high!

You should be able to use a bigger drop base and be ok.

Not a fan of " hemi scoops" but like six pack hoods.... I guess now which fiberglass hood I should go with?

Ok, Thanks for the replies and pictures.

Question now is if I find a donor hood or aftermarket metal hood, Does anyone make a metal six pack scoop that I could weld on to the metal hood? Or they all fiberglass?

Ok, Thanks for the replies and pictures.

Question now is if I find a donor hood or aftermarket metal hood, Does anyone make a metal six pack scoop that I could weld on to the metal hood? Or they all fiberglass?

i don't EVER remember hearing of a "metal" Dodge "Six-pack" or Plymouth "440+6" hood scoop. if there ever was one of those, i suspect you are about 45 too late to buy one...

-
Back