69 Notchback Mod Top $5000 Illinois. Marketplace NOT MINE

-
Back in the seventies I had a neighbor with a car identical to that, but I believe it was a 340 car although I’m not positive. I thought the top was so F’n ugly. I would have died the top black or green, but the interior has the same pattern.
there was a reason so few were made.

I love the notch/coupe style Barracudas. I know the majority prefers the fast backs but to me, the coupes look better. In an odd way, they remind me of a larger Corvair.

In post #7, the green looks very strange. I assume it is F8? Strange lighting maybe?

I love the notch/coupe style Barracudas. I know the majority prefers the fast backs but to me, the coupes look better. In an odd way, they remind me of a larger Corvair.
A Corvair, that’s like saying your wife reminds you of an Ugly girlfriend you once had.

I used to hate um, but through the years they've really grown on me.

i used to wrench on the corvairs when i started at the chevy dealer. we even had a corvair truck that we used for a shop/jumper truck. had a tailgate and side ramp. neater than skeeter's

IF I had a time machine !!

69 M code CUDA/mod top/slick back/ red wheel well liners in B5 blue

I might teach you grasshoppers a thing or two if I have the time. I am not on the 'puter or phone 24/7 like a few on here, I have been at Carlisle Chrysler for the past three days and am tired as ****, have to transport my 67 FORMULA S 383 4-speed Barracuda to DC in the morning then go to Albany, NY and pick up a 69 GTS 383 car and take it to Jacksonville, FL then back home to Chicago. I will let you guys stew on this for a few days and then give you the education you desperately need...
I've been a bad boy//keep it clean.:rofl:

2015-06-08 photo 1 057 (1).JPG

912926-c9b3dc0cf23fce4067a6eece825fef33.jpg

69-production.jpg

???? Is that gts black ?? your in my neighborhood...If it is, that's gorgeous

Last edited:
I hear ya, but if there was anything concrete/definitive, it could've been explained quicker then the "grasshopper" reply that goes to great lengths to explain to us the "details" about the cars hes moving lol.
Unless it's on Chryco letterhead, I'll stick with my research.
It`s gonna be quite a few days before we get our education we so desperately need fellow grasshopper. Patience grasshopper :lol:

IF I had a time machine !!

69 M code CUDA/mod top/slick back/ red wheel well liners in B5 blue
So which shower curtain material? The yellow, or the less seen blue/green?
This car was for sale for at least a year a few miles from me. A pretty clean teener.

Mod Top Satellite02.jpg

Mod Top Satellite.jpg

I hear ya, but if there was anything concrete/definitive, it could've been explained quicker then the "grasshopper" reply that goes to great lengths to explain to us the "details" about the cars hes moving lol.
Unless it's on Chryco letterhead, I'll stick with my research.
Maybe that car is a 1 off ordered incognito S car without any badging? That would be a sleeper, especially with a woman driving:p
Yeah, that could have been disclosed right away and this could of ended days ago:rolleyes:
Secret info the Mr. Mayagi of Mopar holding back on us.

Here is a window sticker for a 69 383-s I owned for 25 years. This car is a fastback barracuda with the Formula-S package. The 383 was chosen as one of the sizes of engines being available, the other being a 340. I have never heard the argument that my car is a 383-s, not a Formula-S. The rear deck emblem clearly says Formula-S, regardless of the engine.

img011.jpg

69 year(IMO) was unique as you could get the 340(Pcode) and it NOT be anything other than a 340 car.
383...that ONLY came in 'cuda or S pkg. It mentions that in the Hamsammich website.
NO mention anywhere of this unicorn 340-S pkg....

-
Back