69 valiant rear 1/4/tire and wheel measurement

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
hey, im gonna ask one last time before i order my wheels from stockton...anyone with a 69 valiant and what rbackspacing did you go with. ive put the ss springs and drag schocks but have not moved the springs in. i have 245/60 15's for tires....and im gonna go with 15x7's....any help guys!

sorry for the 'tarded heading....im tired and need to hit 'er but cant stop thinking about this car...just wondering on backspacing in the rear....i have a measurement of 5 and 3/4" drum to spring and 5" drum to fender (now on a 69 valiant there is the fender lip...and then a little but higher than that is the actual fender....the 5" number is to the actual fender....any thoughts or testimonys here bortha's?...valiant kid needs help on uncharted territory!

another guy on here has 4 inchers on his 69, he has 245' 60's but he has 14 inh wheels...im thinking 4 is about right....but he says with someone in the back he will get rubbing over bumps....he also didnt have ss springs and drag shocks...im hoping 4" woul work ok...

I just put 15X8.5" on my 68 Dart. Tire is about a 10.1" section on tire 4-7/8" Backspace car sits low and it rubs just a little after I rolled the fender lips going around turns 15 X 8 with 4 1/2" backspacing would have been perfect. However Centerline doesn't offer that size

Zhandfull...what is your 68 dart measurement from the drum to fenderwell and drum to spring? that could help us verify the backspacing number would interchange between a valiant and a dart,
thxs

go to a good wheel and tire store. they will have a tool to measure how big you can fit without hitting anything. Better finding out before you lay down your money. with the production tolerances our cars have what fits one car might not fit another.

I have 5 3/4" drum face to spring & 4 3/4 to 5" to rolled fender lip.

One thing to note is that there is a difference side to side I had to run a 1/8' spacer on the passenger side to keep the tire from rubbing the spring.

That being said to much back spacing can be fixed or adjusted with a spacer up to about 1/4"

Not enough back spacing might require smaller tire section or fender modifications on these A body cars with the lower rear fender lips like darts & valiants

My biggest problem is my 8 1/2" wheel is letting the tire section getting wider than an 8" wheel would. So I might just have to accept a little rubbing on the out side fender lip in turns. I'm running Hoosier Q/T 10.50 X 27"

well gentlemen...i put my cousins 28x10.5 mt slicks on which have the cop steelies (i believe is 4 and 1/4 backspacing) the fact that i have super stock springs and drag shocks, i dont have to worrie about fender lip as much...so i think 4" would be good....i also only have 245/6015's which is a little thinner than the drag tires...

on the pass side i had about 1/4 inch in the rear to the springs and rubbed slightly on the springs up front....didnt hit the springs just the bracket on the super stock springs...so im thinking 4 inch should be good.

A friend of mine just installed an 8 3/4 under his 70' dart i'm assuming its pretty much the same as your '69 room wise,and he's running 15x7 rallyes with 245/60 15's they fit nicely,with everything in the stock locations..

-
Back